Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 town and country major coolant leak.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Default 2008 town and country major coolant leak.

2008 Town And Country.
Last night i was on the highway noticed my van started to over heat i was getting off the exit came to a stop the van GURGLED, yes really it GURGLED then shut of. I tried to crank it a few times and it wouldnt turn over but it was trying to. I left it alone for 20 mins then tried and again and magically it started i got to a safe destination didnt see any leaks because i didn't have any coolant. (SIDEBAR- i noticed my radiator cap was SCREWED and a gritty mustard paste in my radiator, pic attached. i put coolant in and there was no leaks, (engine was cooled by this time) drove it home carefully 30 mins away and had no issues.
Check it out in daylight, No sign of any hoses out of place that i can see.
this morning i go to work no over heating, i drive to oriellys less than a mile put in coolant, some lucas oil, and buy a new radiator cap, i drive less than a mile back to work park and out pours all of my new coolant from the back of my motor just above the oil pan and then also it seems from way above a freeze plug but that might be the v shaped hose that i see now has a couple pinholes in the tube.
I have some crappy videos and pics. I really need help figuring out if im dealing with a bad intake manifold leak, blown gasket or cracked block. Maybe im entirely wrong but what do you think check out my pics and excuse the train in the background of the videos, let me know whatcha think.
I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. 😭
Please help,
sincerely a single momma trying to be bad *** independent woman. Lmao. Thanks in advance

This is the back of my engine where that drip is about to come off the middle bolt is where majority of the coolant is coming from

Alittle closer pic

Is that missing a chunk in the middle?

Mustard paste in radiator and radiator cap

Radiator cap busted