Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2008 Town & Country Touring

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 10:46 AM
Default 2008 Town & Country Touring

My new-to-me 2008 Town & Country has a digital info center LED built into the speedometer... shows tire pressurre, various configuration options. This LED is not as bright as the odometer LED in the tach and it's hard to read during the day. If there's a brightness control for the informatin center dispaly, I haven't found it.

I've seen ads for refurb clusters being sold "without information center display" but haven't (so far) seen any offers for a standalone informaiton center display.

Is the informaiton center display a separate part and where would I find it, how easy would it be to install, and does it contain the odometer mileage memory (the actual odometer display is in the other (tach) panel?

Or, is there any way to brighten it up without having to pull the whole cluster out of the dash?

Thanks for any help!

Old 07-13-2022, 12:25 PM

There is a rotary switch on the dash which controls the dash lights and all the interior lights. You can switch everything off, everything on permanently, or use it as a dimmer switch. Try that first.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by AlanC
There is a rotary switch on the dash which controls the dash lights and all the interior lights. You can switch everything off, everything on permanently, or use it as a dimmer switch. Try that first.
The rotary switch didn't gain me any additional brighness in the info center display but now that I'm looking at the problem more critically, it looks like my readability problem has more to do with the type of LEDs used in the displays and less with their brightness. The info center display is a dot-matrix LED with dark spaces between the dots and the PRNDL/Odometer is a segmented LED on the bottom and a backlit cutout or something for the PRNDL readout resulting in much larger and more solid lit elements than the dots in the info center. Sigh. I guess I just need to do more night driving if I want to read that info center display.

Thanks for the help, though!