Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Dash lights and dome lights do not work

Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 AM

Just an update on my problem. I haven't taken it in to the dealer yet. When the outside temperature is above 70 degrees, the dash lights work. Below 70 degrees, almost always they don't work. Above 80 degrees, they work about 9 times out of 10. I live in south florida so it won't get back down to 70 at night now until October so I don't think I could get this fixed now if I wanted to since its not a problem during the day and would be impossible to troubleshoot or verify it was fixed.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Default CUDA2000 did you ever get this resolved

I have an 09 T&C doing the exact same thing as yours did. Just curious what the resolution was. Otherwise, hopefully I can track it down and post the anwser.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Default Problem fixed

The problem with my dash lights going out was related to a heater hose leak in the engine compartment. Which also explains why I mostly had the issue when it was under 60 degrees (because I would turn on the heater!). After I fixed the leak in the plastic y-pipe heater hose (which pretty much fails on ALL 2008-2010 chrysler town and country vans) the problem with the dash lights went away. I am assuming that the water/steam was shorting out something. Anyway, if you have the problem with the dash lights, check out this video on youtube I made on how to fix the leaking y-pipe heater hose, and I would not be surprised that is also your problem!
Note, if you can see the link below just search on youtube for 2009 chrysler town and country leaking y pipe and you'll find it. It has over 6,000 views so far and tons of comments of people that fixed it for $30 rather than paying the dealer $400+

Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Default 1 year later, the dash lights are out again

So its been about a year since I fixed the heater hose, and the dash lights problem went away. Now the dash lights and dome lights went out again. The van was parked for a week at an airport parking lot outside, and the lights were out when we started it up. Since then they have gone on a couple times. Today I left it out in the sun with the hood up to maybe dry out water that got into the wiring? Thats all I can think of. But it didn't help.
I have no warranty on this van and I just want to sell it at this point, but can't sell it/trade it in with no dash lights! When they are out even the odometer is blank.
Anyone else have this problem?

Old 01-13-2014, 03:35 AM

Don't know if this will help or not, but if your prob. is temp. dependant (i.e. it appears when things are colder) you can get a product called "freezer" in an aerosol can from radio-hobbyist stores. These come with a little pipe to att. to the nozzle. You can pin-point a very small area to freeze to see if that component is causing the problem -- very handy for finding bad capacitors on printed circuit boards. Also cheap as chips.

As most operations on a car these days are micro controlled, inc. the lighting system, it's worth a try.

Leedsman.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:52 PM

TIPM? See my post here: 2009 Chrysler Town and Country No Dash instrument cluster lights, dome lights

Freezer? Haven't used it in years but great idea.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-13-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:42 AM

There is a possibility that hard-resetting the micros may fix the problem if you haven't tried it already. As it's cheap and easy, it's always worth a try. Make sure you have the radio code before you disconnect the battery -ve. for a few minutes.

Leedsman.