Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T&C dash lights and dials do not work

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Default T&C dash lights and dials do not work

I had a corroded battery terminal, so I tried to do the right thing, and removed the battery terminal to clean it. It was the positive terminal. When I replaced it, the dash module no longer works. None of the dials move, Speed, Tach, gas, temp, In addition the lights stopped workig (however, the RED dial lights glow, but the dials do not move). The TURN SIGNALS so not work. Headlings, driving lights, brakes, fog lights all work.

Driver's informaion panel works as do all radio and heating / cooling work fine.

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated

Thanks much.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 AM

Hi I,`ve got a similar problem on my voyager, The speedo and rev counter stopped working, searching on the internet I found you can run a test on the instument panel, if you turn the car off and hold in "trip" and "reset" buttons and turn the ignition on and release the buttons,(the test starts) the instument pannel test`s each counter, try this and see what happens. I tried it and everything worked apart from the rev and speedo counter, So I guess I have two options, replace the instrument panel are try and find the problem on the board eg dry joint and try to fix. If anyone else has anymore info, can you please post back.

From the sounds of your problem, It looks as if it could be a fuse, cause your not getting any power, or a dry joint. Post back what the test shows

Thanks

Pete

Last edited by petewxm; 02-04-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Default three arms??

I haven;t grown it yet.

My T&C has a Trip / Reset button on the dash/dial cluster. Is that the one you are referring to?

I also have a "reset" button on the top console above the windshield with the "Driver's information Center. If you want me to hold THAT reset button in at the same time as the "Trip" button, AND start the car, I would need a third arm. Just for Sn'G's I did to this (DON'T ask how) with no results, meaning no lights, no beeps, nothing. That is the only "other" reset button that I am aware of. If there is another, please excuse my idiocy and advise.

I also simply held in the "trip/reset" button on the dash and did this with inconsistent results. A few times all the indicator lights across the top of the dash cluster flashed on and off. A few times the Odometer glowed very faintly for a second (and that was all) Most of the time nothing happened.

Every time I start the car, or move the ignition switch to the "on" position, the car beeps 5 times.

Thanks - Jack

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Default also

I have checked the fuses and this car seems to only have one fuse box, under the hood above and behind the drivers wheel well behind the battery. I have checked the fuses, visually, and am going to take an ohlm meter to them just to be sure. I have found no info on how to test the relays. Does anyone have any idea as to how/if this can be done?? Also, is there a relay that is involved with this?

Thanks

Jack

Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by jack ger
I haven;t grown it yet.

My T&C has a Trip / Reset button on the dash/dial cluster. Is that the one you are referring to?

I also have a "reset" button on the top console above the windshield with the "Driver's information Center. If you want me to hold THAT reset button in at the same time as the "Trip" button, AND start the car, I would need a third arm. Just for Sn'G's I did to this (DON'T ask how) with no results, meaning no lights, no beeps, nothing. That is the only "other" reset button that I am aware of. If there is another, please excuse my idiocy and advise.

I also simply held in the "trip/reset" button on the dash and did this with inconsistent results. A few times all the indicator lights across the top of the dash cluster flashed on and off. A few times the Odometer glowed very faintly for a second (and that was all) Most of the time nothing happened.

Every time I start the car, or move the ignition switch to the "on" position, the car beeps 5 times.

Thanks - Jack

Any feedback would be appreciated.
I`m no expert on this and hope someone else can help, But I`d say as your getting power at times on the test, that the dash has probably got dry solder joints, through searching on the net it seems a common fault and alot of people get good results on resoldering the dry joints, or you could try and source one from a salvaged yard.

Like I say i`m no expert and hope someone else can back up or disapprove my opinion.

Cheers

Pete

PS just the 2 buttons on the dash :-)