Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Chrysler T&C Horn Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Default 2011 Chrysler T&C Horn Issue

Hi,

My wife and I recently purchased a new to us Chrysler Town and Country with 32,000 miles. About two weeks after purchasing we noticed a couple items. One is a misfire which the dealer couldn't diagnose, and the other is my horn is not working.

I assumed it could be something with the steering wheel controller, but found it odd that all other buttons function normally (volume, station, MFI, Cruise). The only item that doesn't work, no matter how much I push on the center wheel is the horn.

I've heard of the clockspring issue, but that seems to normally affect more than simply the horn. Airbag light is not on, except initial diagnostic and as I stated earlier all other buttons seem to work. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Old 01-24-2015, 05:16 AM

Have you checked the hornrelay? maybe switch it with another similair relay to see if it starts working.
here is the fuse/relay layout from my 2002 yours is perhaps a little different

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Chrysler T&C Horn Issue-2014-12-05-15.22.03.jpg  
Old 01-24-2015, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the reply. I went out and popped open the fuse block under the hood, sadly there's no horn relay. I had checked the Horn fuses (two of them one Left and one Right) but fuses look good...only thing not working is the horn.

I also haven't noticed any of the other oddities that come with the clockspring having an issue (steering wheel buttons, erratic wiper action, or cruise functions not working). Currently scratching my head, I'll likely take the vehicle to the dealership on Monday.

Somewhat sad experience thusfar, the car seems great...but this will be my second dealership trip since purchasing the van 3 weeks ago. Once for a misfire (dealer couldn't duplicate) and now the horn problem.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:30 PM

Side-note, the horn operates normally when locking the vehicle via remote...just thought we'd rule out faulty horns.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:43 PM

Must be a faulty contact/wire somewhere.. When the horn sounds using the remote the fault probably is somewhere inside the steering wheel.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer
Must be a faulty contact/wire somewhere.. When the horn sounds using the remote the fault probably is somewhere inside the steering wheel.
I'm pretty much thinking the same thing. I'll be setting up an appointment with the dealership where I purchased the vehicle on Monday so I can figure out what's going on. Since they performed a safety inspection (which is supposed to include the horn) I doubt they'll complain much when I demand they fix what they didn't check. I'm still betting it's clockspring related...but we'll see within the next week.

In the meantime, I'm purchasing a "horn's broke - look for finger" bumper sticker.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:36 PM

flynavyj, what did you find out? I also have an '11 T&C. The other day I got out of the vehicle and like I always get when I step out of a vehicle, I got a shock, this one was a little stronger than most but the horn went off, and stayed on for a good amount of time. Even after I pressed the lock/unlock on the fob and got in and started it back up again. It finally stopped but don't know why. Today I had a reason to use it and it didn't work. Turns out that the horn works when I lock the vehicle or press the panic button but not when I press the center of the steering wheel. I pulled each of the two fuses and both are good and each horned sounded when I pulled the opposite fuse. No other lights and nothing else seems to be malfunctioning. Seems you had the same issue and wondering what the damage was. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:22 AM

Hi wiflyboy,
It's possible that there's a wiring issue causing the intermittent horn concern. I would recommend having your local servicing dealership take a look at the vehicle for you. Let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling a service appointment. I'd be happy to help.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:39 AM
Default Horn only works with door lock/Unlock & Panic mode.

Originally Posted by flynavyj
Hi,

My wife and I recently purchased a new to us Chrysler Town and Country with 32,000 miles. About two weeks after purchasing we noticed a couple items. One is a misfire which the dealer couldn't diagnose, and the other is my horn is not working.

I assumed it could be something with the steering wheel controller, but found it odd that all other buttons function normally (volume, station, MFI, Cruise). The only item that doesn't work, no matter how much I push on the center wheel is the horn.

I've heard of the clockspring issue, but that seems to normally affect more than simply the horn. Airbag light is not on, except initial diagnostic and as I stated earlier all other buttons seem to work. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Hey did the dealership get the horn fixed for you? I bought same model year as you have T&C same problem just trying to gather more info this seams to be a vary common problem with these vans, I looked into my van Abit found the everything works from Hi & Low side fuses so it's going back into dash, so I'm thinking since I have code B2339 Active which indicates horn Switch stuck that i either have a short or a switch faulty since there is 3 of them inside the steering wheel, does anyone have same problem & already gotten it fixed? What did it turn out to be? Thanks in advance for any advise!

Old 03-29-2023, 04:20 PM
Default 2011 T&C horn issue

I have the exact same issue with my horn. Beeps when locking with remote but not when hitting horn button. If I disconnect battery wait 10 minutes and reconnect the horn will sound continuosly. If I pull the fuses and re-insert, horn will not work from steering wheel. I have replaced the horn button assembly as well as the clock spring. The horn relay is not in the "fuse box", it is soldered on the TIPM on this model. ant thoughts out there? I wish that the people that posted this originally would have posted the remedy.