Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica Horn Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 12:47 AM
Default Pacifica Horn Issue

Hi, I am a new member to this forum and I have a problem I need help with. I own a 2004 pactific with only 60,000 miles from new. I only use the car in the summer months as I live in Germany and the salt on the roads is very bad here in the winter months. Today I pulled the car outside to wipe it down and to run a while. All of a sudden the horn started to sound for no reason. The only way I could think of to stop it was to quickly pull the fuse. When I replaced the fuse the horn was off and then it started again. I have no idea why it is doing this as I have never had a problem before. Any Ideas?

I have no access to a dealer where I live so I will have to try and fix this by myself if possable.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:38 AM

Don't know if you got it solved? I live in Norway and like you I am pretty much on my own taking care of my Pacifica. No local dealer or workshop that know the car. In the 7 years I had it I saw no more than 4 other pacificas, even when travelling across europe North to south at least once a year.
My copies of the owners manual(paper and Electronic) has been a great help.
I don't know if you have a repair manual? If not you can download a copy from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...cafsm04-07.pdf

Check pages 288 - 289.
Electric diagram at page 551.

Last edited by haio; 04-25-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:56 PM

First Haio I want to thank you for posting the link to the FSM. It's a great help and starting point for me until I can get a print version.

Hickse on the horn issue it sounds like the contacts are stuck in the closed position. Now given the car has an airbag those contacts maybe part of the airbag assembly. I haven't explored mine enough to know if they are separate or not. Just keep in mind if you intend to remove/disturb the airbag module to disconnect the negative (NEG) battery terminal for at least 15 minutes to let the module discharge. Hopefully someone will chime in as to whether the horn switch is separate from the airbag assembly.

One thing you might try is to reinstall the fuse and disconnect the battery negative for about 10 minutes. It maybe that a control module (possibly the BCM -ody control module itself) needs to be reset. It's worth a try

Old 05-06-2015, 11:55 AM

When i had issues with my grounds, anytime i activated anything on the circuit (my brights for the headlights) it would sound. I checked my grounds and i had a few bad and a few shorted. This one in particular had back voltage through the ground wire (about 5-6v) and i cut the wire close to the connector and ran a new ground and that fixed it. Not saying that is the issue but get yourself a multimeter and check.