Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 dvd player compatibility and questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by ptekelly
Hi

I have just bought a Grand Voyager - it came with a 6 cd/dvd changer and a overhead dvd display and remote. it has a sat nav and radio. There was no radio code or headphones unfortunately.

so i have a couple of questions:

1. Does the faceplate remove for security?
The security issues are with the radio/sat nav unit not the DVD player
2. How do I find out what model of dvd I have?
You will need to remove the center console cover and remove the DVD player. The model # is on the top of the DVD player.
3. How do I know what headphones are compatible?
They will be either IR or RF. You will need the DVD player model #
(see answer to #2 )

I am in the UK - not sure if that makes a difference

Thanks in advance

JM

Old 06-13-2011, 05:11 AM

Hi JM

Thanks for the response.

1. If i remove the DVD player to find the code wont i then need the radio code to start it up again?

2. is there any video showing how to remove the cover/player?

Thanks again

Old 06-15-2011, 12:56 AM

You will not need a code for the DVD player to start it up again.

To remove the main front console cover:

- Remove the cupholder/ash tray
When it it fully out there is a push lever on the back top to remove it completely

- Just above the cup holder is a short/wide panel you will need to remove. It is held by 2 clips and 2 thin blocks that go behind the main cover on each side. It will require some gentle prying, but keep working at it.

- There are 4 screws behind the small panel, only 2 hold the main panel (the middle one's I think).

- After you remove the screws the rest of the main panel is held in with clips. More gentle prying will dislodge them.

- The climate control cables will still be connected to the back of the main panel, I did not remove them and just rotated and hung the panel from the shifter arm.

- From here you will find 2 screws holding the DVD player in place, remove them and carefully slide the unit forward. The 2 wire harnesses may be tucked behind the metal frame, just try to gently untuck them to extend the unit far enough to unplug the 2 connectors from the back of the DVD player.

- Once you have it disconnected you can just slide it all the way out and look at the part # in bold on the lable on top of the DVD player.

The part # should guide you from here on a replacement.

I put the main panel back and all screws / panels until I had a correct replacement.

Let us know how you fare and the part # you find.

JM

Last edited by JM Brooks; 06-15-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Default Compatability Question...

I've read this thread from beginning to end and really appreciate all the information shared by everyone.

I'm trying to replace my changer from P05094033AC to P05094033AB. The only difference is the very last number (from AC to AB).

I guess that means I'm going back one revision ... maybe?

Any thoughts or concerns regarding compatability.

Thanks,

Chris
Danville, VA

Old 12-18-2011, 01:15 AM

Grats on finding a solution for your DVD player.. I'd like to ask though, what's the part number of your screen? We bought an 05 Limited TC about 2 years ago that has the 6 disc, but no screen. I've tried googling on and off since then but I've been even unable to find a picture of what should be mounted in there, much less the correct into to go about purchasing one.

I am definitely going looking for MrCD1 though, Thanks
Window Tinting Tempe

Old 12-28-2011, 12:17 AM

Do you have the Rail system in the ceiling? MrCD is now out of business. It is too bad because he had a ton of Chrysler AV stuff.

If the rail system, screen P/n is ZW96BD1AB, though it appears to be superseded by ZW96BD1AE

LKQonline is a good trusted source.
05 06 Chrysler Town & Country OEM Roof Mount DVD Screen | eBay

Again... assuming you have the rail system and assuming you have the IR changer and not the RF one.

Fixit

Last edited by mrfixit454; 12-28-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Default Another Screen

Find this thread interesting and have a related question to this thread/topic. I'm a new member and have just purchased a 2005 T&C Limited built in 4/04. I have only one screen and would like to have another for the back seat area. They are the 7" and it has the rail system. How is the wiring ran to it or is it already there? Is this expensive and extra hard to do? Also the head phones and remote are missing and I would like to replace. Any direction to E-bay or T&C experts or where to search here would be much appreciated as I become oriented.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:57 AM

Dr, Ken
First off, welcome. I wanted to do the same as you, add another screen. Mine came with the DVD changer but no screen. I have the rail system too and added the screen and wiring myself. It is run up the drivers A pillar but there is no more wiring for a second screen. I have seen others with different Chrysler models tap off of one screen to the next but sometimes needed a video amplifier.

Considering the time, more than cost, I decided to pass on the 2nd screen install. The kids seem to see the screen just fine and I have sat in the back a few times and did not seem to think it was all that bad with one screen.

As for the remote and headsets, you most likely have the Infrared (IR) system. if you screen has this redish plastic section point back toward the rearm you have the IR system. You can see the 4 IR "dots" on my system
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

The remote needs to be a VES type and has to have the "headphone" button, like this one
Picture is not good, button is upper left corner
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep VES Screen Remote | eBay

This system will probably work
VES HEADPHONES & REMOTE for 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Chrysler Town and Cou | eBay

though these are what came in 2005.. you will see they look a little different
2 NEW OEM IR HEADSET HEADSETS HEADPHONES DVD WIRELESS | eBay

Again, this assumes you have the IR system and not the RF. I think the RF system was phased out by early 2004.

Ramon

Old 01-12-2012, 07:36 AM

Thank you very much for the detailed answer! I also belong to a Ford Taurus forum and find valuable advice that saves money, frustration and time as I am a DIY person. The van is currently at the Chrysler dealer getting a complete going over so I'll have to wait until its back next week to see. We just brought it back from Clearwater Florida this week and I'm just becoming familiar. (Its in immaculate shape and replaces my 1999 G Caravan Sport with 241,000 that is still in great shape and running strong.) So far I've seen the weakness of the T&C is the 6 disk changer, front suspension issues, a body control module, side door motors and transmissions for some. But I will use relevant posts for those. Darryl

Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 AM

I have just bought a Chrysler Grand Voyager 2005. The 6 DVD player (P05166349AA) had a disc stuck in it (a very common problem from reading through the posts), unfortunately the person I bought the car from already bought a single disc player (VP2DJF-19B160-CD) to replace. There is an extra hole in the back for a cable to go into. Needless to say its not working. It plays and you can hear the sound, but there is no sign of life on the screen at all. Please help!!!!!! I feel so dissapointed in Chrysler and is seriously wondering whether I did the right thing to buy one.

Quick Reply: 6 dvd player compatibility and questions