Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 town and country electrical...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Default 98 town and country electrical...

Hey guys, I bought a 98' town and country lxi from a friend and its been pretty good for a while now, but it died on us last week at the gas station, when trying to start it, it would just click... i thought it was the starter but couldnt find where the heck it was (was going to try banging on it to see if it'd actually work just to get us home) had it towed home and finally got a chance to work on it.
the battery was close to dead when i went out there from trying to start it at gas station so i hooked a jumper up to it and it fired right up, soon as i disconnected the jumper it died, so i assume the alternator is bad. I hooked up a scanner to see what codes might have flashed but there are no codes for some reason.
So I charged the battery and was going to give it a start to see if maybe the battery being dead wiped the computer out or something, and then re-test. But now it wont even start, when you turn the key to "on" you can hear a small click at the relay compartment next to the battery, you can even fill it clicking kinda like a switch going on and off, but there is no click at the starter at all... I dont know what is causing it not to start... the battery was at 13 volts when i started. The battery was fully charged so i dont think its a weak battery, and i checked the cables at the starter and both are connected... I havent disconnected anything, like i said it started up just fine, but died right after, now it wont start at all just a click at the relay's...

i hope someone could help me cause i pretty much know nothing about the electrical system!!!!!