Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Town and Country Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Default Town and Country Electrical Issues

This is my first post here folks, so please be gentle. I have a 2001 Town and Country Limited. Not too long ago I pulled the radio out to fix something behind it and when I put the radio back in the three lights would flash on the bass, mid, trebel sliders and the radio did not work. Never fixed that. Yesterday the battery died. I jumped it twice and van started and died and then tried to charge it, but wouldn't take a charge. After replacing the battery now I have bigger problems. It seems that only part of my fuse box (under hood) has power and part of it does not. I have no head or parking lights, windows don't move, radio has no lights on it at all anymore, front/rear blowers don't work, horn doesn't beep when doors lock, airbag light is on on the dash and all gear shift indicators are lit up and boxed. I think that is it for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:23 PM

Take a close look at the battery cables and the crimp holding the terminals on the cables. They can work themselves loose causing poor connections. Another culprit could be a known corrosion problem with the IPM (fuse box). The connections can get severely corroded causing any number of electrical gremlins.