Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Town and Country electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Default 2000 Town and Country electrical problems

First started noticing while driving gauges would shut off momentarily (less than a second), then come back on - intermittantly; didnt cause vehicle to stop running.

Cleaned battery posts and connectors and all the chasis ground connectors (the ones i could find) and reseated ground cables to connectors.

I haven't seen the dash lights go out since - but i am continuing to see what seem to be voltage drops in the van's wiring. (i'm not quite sure this is related to the above, but it was for history's sake)

We're using the 12 volt lighter plugs to charge phones and such; While plugged in, the devices (iphone, kids nintendo) drop off and back on to charge sometimes fast rate and sometimes slow. The voltage is not dropping completely; i have an "idiot light" on one of the adapters that dim but stays on while this is happening. Very random. No other electrical associations while this is going on (ie turning another electrical device on - brakes, ac, etc).

I'm going to try to stick a meter on the plug to see what kind of activity is going on. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing the voltage variation?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Default I was hoping some one had answered

I have the same issue. I checked for grounding under the dash too, it is very random and very disconcerting