Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

AC refrigerant Town & Country 2008 Touring

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Default AC refrigerant Town & Country 2008 Touring

Hi, I have a 2008 T&C Touring 3.8L V6. Only 30k miles

The AC doesn't seem as cold as it once was, so i'm thinking time to top up the refrigerant.

Never done this before, but from what I've seen it seems pretty easy.

Just need to know what type of refrigerant I need. I'm sure the autostore will tell me.

Also may seem like a silly question, but I was under the understanding that the T&C had two separate AC systems. One for the front and a separate one for the rear.

Should I be looking for a 2nd Low Pressure Valve that supplies the rear? or is there just the one for both?

My plan is to buy the correct refrigerant, turn on the engine, turn up the ac to the max and the blower. Plug in to the L valve from the can and slightly agitate the coolant in the can, but never turning it upside down, . I was going to buy a valve kit, with V marking that allows you set the outside temp on, which is supposed to be my indicator on how much to top it up with. With the intention of stopping inbetween the markings.

Anything else I should know ?

Old 07-30-2013, 06:19 PM

I've just looked under the hood, and i'm not finding anything obvious as in the low pressure valve. Any pointers as to where it is ?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 PM

R134 There should be tags on the compressor and the dryer.

You only have one system, one compressor and possible a 2nd evaporator.

The rear can be ducted air or a 2nd evaporator. I am not sure that the t&c has the 2nd evap. A 2nd evap requires long lines, an air inlet and outlet in the rear. I have a 2nd evap on my suburban, it needs a lot more volume to keep cool.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rustydog
R134 There should be tags on the compressor and the dryer.

You only have one system, one compressor and possible a 2nd evaporator.

The rear can be ducted air or a 2nd evaporator. I am not sure that the t&c has the 2nd evap. A 2nd evap requires long lines, an air inlet and outlet in the rear. I have a 2nd evap on my suburban, it needs a lot more volume to keep cool.
thanks Rusty,

Sorry but i'm having difficulty finding the low side pressure port to connect too. Is anyone able to tell me where i should be looking ?

thanks in advance.