Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag light on and off intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 02:28 AM
Default Airbag light on and off intermittently

Hi,

I have a 2010 Grand Voyager and just yesterday I started the car and the air bag light came on and when I started driving it went off. But as I was driving it kept going on and off, could this be a sensor issue?

Thanks,

Fayraz

Old 07-05-2018, 03:30 AM

Just from personal experience, my airbag light would come on if the battery was a bit low.
See what the battery is charging at, and what it is in the morning before first start, just to discount any issues. Might be worth checking for a power drain as well.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:13 AM

Airbag flashing is an unusual one. The SRS (Safety restraint system) on these are self-resetting so it sounds like a fault is being generated and then cleared.

Ideally you need the codes read, but that means a "proper" code reader which aren't cheap, or if you're nearby somebody with access to one.

As Scotsman4th says, battery is a good and easy one, top it up with an external charger to be sure and see if any difference. Just to add to that, also if the alternator is giving out varying voltages (i.e. going faulty) it could be causing the SRS computer to get upset, so again a volt meter on whilst idling to see what voltage you're sitting at would be good).

I'm also unsure if on the 2010 editions the steering wheel "clockspring" wiring is an issue, I know it was on earlier models and when the wiring in the steering wheel went faulty it causes the airbag to lose connectivity (As well as the steering wheel controls and horn). To check, when the light is ON/faulty try the horn, see if it still works, if not then it's the clockspring wiring needs replacing (Relatively easy but involves steering wheel open, etc, which due to airbag needs done properly)