Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airbag lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Default airbag lights

My air bag lights stay on. It was put on a machine and it read a code that it was my OCM. What does this mean and is it expensive to fix?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM

What year ????

OCM....OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION MODULE.....

Thats the little brain that determines who is sitting in the passenger seat, so He can decide what to do with the passenger airbag in the event of a collision.

A 98 pound Grandmother would be seriusly injured if smacked with an airbbag at full force, a Rear facing child seat would crush the seat and likely the child if the bag went off full force....So...To prevent these types of tragedies, He has to know who or what is sitting in the seat.....

Now...There is ONLY ONE CODE that would indicate a Faulty OCM......OCM INTERNAL FAILURE.....

EVERYTHING else has a diagnosis chart that leads to a resolution....Im not Saying OCM isnt faulty, but replacing it "Just Cuz The Computer said so" isnt how it works......

Find a new Mechanic who is capable of understanding your car, Instaead of your Net worth.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:22 AM

Thank you for you time answering my question. I did end up taking it to a different mechanic. the vehivle by the way is a 2006.