Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Alarm problem - 2001 CRD

Old 10-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Default Alarm problem - 2001 CRD

About 3 days ago, my alarm decided to go off (a few times). Once I'd reset, at first, it was going off within a few minutes of setting it. I tried disabling the interior intrusion sensors and that seemed to work. Then the problem seemed to go away completely. Then last night, it went off twice, and it's gone off again today during the day.

It's been faultless until now - anyone know how I can track down the problem, or is it something to to with the interior intrusion sensors themselves, since disabling this seems to stop the alarm going off (well, so far anyway).

One thing I noticed was that the day the trouble started, my electric window didn't go down, though when I tried it again, it did retract - could it be a loose connection causing the problem?

Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 AM

Drivers electric window didn't go down again this morning - heard it click when I pressed the button (twice), but then worked perfectly once I set off. Has been colder, so could the cold/damp be affecting it, or motor be on it's way out? Either way, can this affect the alarm?

Old 10-28-2009, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by actd
Drivers electric window didn't go down again this morning - heard it click when I pressed the button (twice), but then worked perfectly once I set off. Has been colder, so could the cold/damp be affecting it, or motor be on it's way out? Either way, can this affect the alarm?
Hi
most likely unrelated. I bet if you tap the door with your hand when it is not working it will start again. This would have nothing to do with the alarm.
If it doesn't go off with intrusion disarmed then it sound like a sensor fault. I have seen the wires short out/cut by the clip that holds the rear panel on by the rear sensor so could be an idea to look back there to start with.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:08 AM

OK, thanks. Maybe just the fairly sudden change in weather causing both - certainly the window starting to work when I move off would give the window a slight nudge, same as tapping the panel. Will try this anyway - does this mean that the window motor could be due for replacement, or new bushes if they are replaceable?

I'll take a look at the rear sensor connectors. :-)

Old 10-14-2010, 04:05 PM

Didn't do anything about the alarm last year as I simply used the disable function for a while on the fob until I got around to fixing it, and by the time I did, it seemed to cure itself. But now it's started again - seems to be a change in the weather (damp perhaps). It must be the interior sensor as it can be disabled. Question is, is there an easy way to remove the sensor to check it, or do I have to strip off the rubber door seal trim and then pull out the plastic lining to get at the rear of the sensor?

Old 10-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Haven't figured out how to remove the sensor, but moving the sensor while trying to remove it seems to have cured the probem for now. Seems to point towards it being a wireing connection problem.