Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another P1130 problem on Voyager 2.5crd

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Have read this and other threads with much interest as I am having the same issue, did you fix the car or have you had any further issues?

Cheers

Adeel

Old 06-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Re: No more issues since last repair.

With hindsight all issues were due to bad fuel, where "bad" means contamination with water. This allows slime to grow in the tank that eventually blocks the fuel suction sock inside the tank. This causes the engine to run out of fuel at unpredictable moments, for example when driving quietly on the motorway. The problem comes and goes away, making it very hard to reproduce by a mechanic. It does not show up in scans either.

A secondary and more long term effect is that injectors and MPROP valves are damaged by the pollution. In my experience this problem is much easier to reproduce as it shows up in electronic scans and one can force it to happen for example by applying heavy throttle at low rpm.

I guess most people experiencing similar problems should first look at MPROP valve and injectors. These can fail as a result of ordinary wear. Only when no other causes can be found I would recommend looking at the fuel tank.

Good luck!

Old 06-09-2010, 12:25 PM

Thats good to hear that you found a solution and that you have had no further issues. I'm going to get my injectors tested so I can rule them in or out and same with MPROP valve.

I've bought a new fuel filter, can anyone give me some guidance on how to change it?

Old 06-09-2010, 12:25 PM

I've also had no problem since my mprop valve was replaced. My fuel pump was replaced at thje same time as it didn't sound right (I managed to pick up a brand new unit of ebay at half price) but it's entirely possible that this was due to contamination. Merlin tested my injectors at the same time, and these were OK. I certainly use grotamar as Jacob suggested at every fill as a precaution - not especially cheap (about £27 I think) but lasts for ages.

Last edited by actd; 06-09-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 AM

Thank you Jacob for all your posts!!! I have completely the same problems on my Jeep Cherokee, 2.5 CRD.... I've done also many things you mentioned in your previous posts, including check and replace of some wires.... Nothing helped...

Hope this will work.

David

Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Short Update 28-09-2011: Still driving!
It has been another year and the troubles did not return.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:41 AM
Default Still running too

Hi Jacob,

my problem was on two places. The first was that I've found two cables broken (one of them to camshaft sensor) and the second think was the camshaft sensor it self, which was completely rusted and didn't work well. After repair, everything goes smooth.

Thanx again for your posts.

David

Old 12-31-2011, 06:43 PM

Hi Jacob
Would you be kind enough to send me pictures you have attached to your post P1130 problem I got GV 2.5CRD 2003) as I can not view them (some privilidge problem )
Cheers shaun

Old 01-01-2012, 04:59 AM

Shaun, Sorry, I did not save copies and you did not specify an adress for sending something to. However the pictures are still visible on this forum.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Hi Jacob
Thank you for quick reply. I cant see picture regardless if I'm logged in or not
I get following reply:
sharmack, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
etc etc

If you can see those pictures could you please save them and send them to sharmack96@yahoo.co.uk
Thank you very much and sorry to be a pain
Cheers
shaun

Quick Reply: Another P1130 problem on Voyager 2.5crd