Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti Roll Bar bush replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 04:56 AM
Default Anti Roll Bar bush replacement

Hi folks,

UK 2.8CRD 2004/2005 model here. (I believe you Americans call them sway bars not Anti Roll Bar, but same parts!)

So I've just changed the Anti-Roll bar links as the front driver one had started knocking so thought I'd do the pair, at the same time I also got Anti Roll bar bushes as thought I'd replace those and see if it got rid of the creaking I get from the driver side.

However getting under and one side is fine to get at (Driver side) as can see the nut and bolt clearly, the passenger side is a different story because of the webasto aux-heater getting in the way, so I can't get to the bolt side of it at all no matter what I tried.

I'm going to try again in a few days so any suggestions, if I need to move the webasto how easy/difficult is it to move out of the way temporarily without disconnecting all the water and fuel lines to it which I'd like to avoid (because I'm lazy!)

Old 06-28-2017, 03:26 PM

My Aux-heater is/was under the passenger seat and the anti-roll bar bushes are further forward so can't remember having a problem replacing them last time. They seem to need replacing every year prior to MOT, I take it their just not Chrysler quality.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:37 AM

Hm, interesting goggs, as yes the aux heater is under passenger seat, but that part of the frame also holds the rear of the bush bolt. Perhaps I've complicated it rather than just got stuck in and tried it!

If this rain ever stops I might get under it and have a try on the driver side and see how I get on, I'd assume since I have the nut at the front and can see the bolt at the back I'd need to hold the bolt in place with a socket/spanner whilst tightening, but I might be wrong there!

Will give it a go, thanks m8.