Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux heater leaking 2006 Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 01:32 AM
Default Aux heater leaking 2006 Voyager

Hello!
Is the aux heater hooked into the main coolant loop so that the coolant goes there even when its power is disconnected? Or is is in a side loop that coolant doesn't reach unless the aux heater powers on.
Basically I want to know whether or not coolant will still go to the aux heater if I disconnect power to the aux heater? I don't believe so, but I'd like some advise before touching its power supply. In autumn, before the outside temperature dropped, everything was fine. I only began to lose coolant when the aux heater would come on. This leads me to believe that it is a separate coolant loop and there is a valve that will open when it comes on. Is this rationale correct? If the leak is in the pipes going to the aux heater, will disconnecting the heater's power prevent the coolant from reaching the leaky pipes?
If all I need to do is disconnect the power to the aux heater, how do I do it? I have read that there I need to unplug the power from under the vehicle near the unit. Is this correct? Is there anything I need to know before doing it? I would like to be able to drive the vehicle until next winter without fixing the leak and I need to bleed the air out of the coolant, but I can't figure out how to do that with a leaky aux heater...
Thanks for any advise you might have!