Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c problem. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Default a/c problem. HELP!!!

hey everyone, having a/c problems. a couple of months ago, my wife told me that our 2004 T/C LX was not blowing hot air. Well i just blew it off. Now it doesn't blow cold air, not even remotely cold. I was just wondering if anyone knew possibly what this might be, i haven't taken it anywhere in fear that I'll be raped by someone just to look at it. So, if anyone has some feedback, any at all, it would be much appreciated.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Default a/c problems.

i meant to also add that now the a/c DOES blow hot air now, so that's not a problem anymore. Thanks again.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:26 PM

i haven't taken it anywhere in fear that I'll be raped by someone just to look at it.
So, if anyone has some feedback, any at all, it would be much appreciated.
Well. first off.......The best advice I can give is to read my Signature. After that, consider this....It isnt being "RAPED" if they know whats wrong, and you do not. Did you think ANYONE would just spend their time figuring out what is wrong, without collecting any cash from you, and then go home and feed their children Cheese and Crackers for supper??????

Secondly, even if I told you what I thought the most probable defect could be, Would you know enough to find or check what I suggested.....Probably not, which means you would be PAYING someone to follow FREE ADVICE...which OBVIOUSLY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Thank you for your honest input. I appreciate you taking the time to read my post. Unfortunately, the Army doesn't pay us soldiers enough to take it to a dealership, so I was hoping someone on here would have the time and heart to help me and my family. I will take your suggestions into consideration. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know! Thanks! God Bless!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 PM

My Point of Irratation was the usage of the word RAPE......

The military does not pay you enough to afford the dealership......Point taken... But as a dealership technician who is facing foreclosure on his house, I resent the Implication that my Knowledge has been reduced to being called criminal activity.

In this day and age , it is COMMON to be short on funds, and if the dealership is too pricey, there are any number of competent independant repair shops. If that is still too pricey, then consider whether your Comfort is more important than feeding your kids.

You strap on your boots and defend our country, and that is an honorable profession...I pick up a wrench and repair inoperable motorvehicles.. why are we not afforded the same dignity in choice of profession?????

Old 02-02-2011, 11:07 PM

Now that thats cleared up.......

I would look towards a low refrigerant issue first. A 7-8 year old vehicle is likely to have developed a refrigerant leak over the years.

Unfortunately, without the proper equipment and training, it is unsafe for the Do it yourselfer to service a/c systems outside of a controlled "SHOP" environment. Frostbitten and Blinded is not worth the few bucks that you spend to let a trained pro do it for you.

With that said, You likely have front and rear A/C....From under the vehicle, inspect the lines going to the rear housing for ANY evidence of an "OILY" residue.(Indicating a leak). The rear evaporator housings and fittings are common spots for leakage.