Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD player and controls

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Default CD player and controls

I have a 97 Chrysler T&C Lxi, and I have two problems that I cannot find a solution for. The first is the CD player will not accept any cd's. I've seen many TSB's on this, but have been unable to find a solution to the problem, short of replacing the stereo. The second problem I have the the controls for the wipers (front and rear) and the AC/Rear Defrost blink on and off when the van is first started, and eventually stop. All the controls work fine, but with the lights blinking on and off, it's hard to tell if a control has been activated. I've talked to several mechanics, and no one has been able to pin point the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated, helpful suggestions even more so. Thanks.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: CD player and controls

need a new radio sorry to tell u that one
as for the blinking lights do this. What tis does is relearn the doors and see if the ac will cool down the system correctly. If it fails record the blinks and pass that on to me.
COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY TO INITIATE TESTS: [ul][*]Set Blower motor ON HIGH[*]Set Mode position to Panel[*]Open all A/C outlets[*]Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)[*]Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds [/ul] NOTE: Prior to start of test, If the evaporator is already cold, the system will fail test. To correct, operate system with A/C OFF and the blower motor ON high for three minutes prior to starting test. RESULTS: [ul][*]All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds[*]Cooldown Test is running when A/C and RECIRC. are alternately flashing. If A/C and RECIRC. are flashing simultaneously, Cooldown has failed. [/ul]

Old 07-19-2007, 02:00 AM

I kinda figured I'd have to replace the radio...nice to have confirmation though. I tried the test, and at the end of the test the AC andRECIRC lights were flashing simultaneously, and every third blink, the rear wiper (full on) would flash. When I turned the ignition which on again, just the AC and RECIRC lights where flashing (rapidly). Any ideas?

Old 07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

did u have the cabin hot and the evap hot b4 u ran the test? There is a big old note for that see above.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:27 AM

I retried the steps above a little later, and I guess I didn't have the cabin and evap hot, cause the second time it worked, and now the lights don't flash whenever the ignition switch is on. Thanks for the help!!