Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

chrysler grand voyger engine cuts off

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Default chrysler grand voyger engine cuts off

I have a 1997 grand voyager, the problem is that when I start up th car and leave it running in idle for warm up, as the level of heat goes about two marks the engine would cut off and I restart without any trouble, the the "Service Engine Soon" light comes on, later while driving the engine would cut off and I stop and restart the car, again without any trouble and drive on and the "Service Engine light " would go off, while sometime when am driving at 70 km/h it would cut off I push the gas paddle once or twice and it turns on. I had it checked on computer and all readings were fine except the feul pump output reading showing 3.4 something while the standard was 4.8. So, I changed the feul filter and the feul pump, but the problem still existes. I did the ignition ON-off-on-off thing and it showed only 999, which is said to the the end of code.

Last edited by shahzad; 10-09-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: forgot to add the code part.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Question

Well I guess my post was not clear, Anyhow, here is another more simplified version. The problem I am facing now is while driving the engine will go dead, like no electicity, while still in motion I pump the gas and it start up, the "Service Engine soon" is on, while driving fine, again the electrical supply will cut off and again I will pump the gas and it would start that the "Service .........." will go away. Any suggestions????

Old 10-19-2009, 06:00 PM

suggestion: seek professional help!!!. there's literally 100's of possibilities causing your problem from sensors, wiring, computers, heat, connection problems, resitance from corroded wires and more and more. this kind of random problem is nearly impossible to fix over the internet if you don't have solid mechanical/car abilities and the proper diagnostic tools

if it was my problem, I would connect a quality scanner and record the data, then the problem occurs, i would take a snap shot of that data, download it into my computer and analyze the graphs the data generates. from there i could easily pinpoint the system that is the culpret and then make appropriate repairs.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Default thanks 22 chrysler

ty 22chrsler for ur reply, as in my 1st post I had explained that computer scanning was done and it did not give any codes, will have the wrirng checked. As for "Your criticizm for my knowledge reveals your unsound technical background. ". Haha, I never claimed to expert and I was only seeking some advise and help. Thank u again 22chrysler

Old 10-20-2009, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by shahzad
ty 22chrsler for ur reply, as in my 1st post I had explained that computer scanning was done and it did not give any codes, will have the wrirng checked. As for "Your criticizm for my knowledge reveals your unsound technical background. ". Haha, I never claimed to expert and I was only seeking some advise and help. Thank u again 22chrysler

GOLLY I GAVE you advice. NO WHERE did is say to get codes. I read that you didn't get any. I said DATA!!!!!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Lightbulb

Hi I am new to this so please bare with me. I have a 3.3l grand voyger that used to cut out at any time and any where. I found the problem in the fuse box under the drivers dash. This is not for the fant hearted but I removed the fusebox, took the back circit board off and took the casing off to found that the board was coved at one end with a white cursty ssubstance. I very very gently removed the substance with a small flat screwdriver. Then clean each and every fuse and relay connectors then put it all back together again.
This is not a shore thing but it worked for me and not had a problem since.