Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Chrysler Voyager question regarding BCMs

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Default Chrysler Voyager question regarding BCMs

Dear Sirs,

my father has recently bought a Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8L SE CRD (from late '05) from a friend. According to him, its the version that does not have a second fusebox.

But this car has a pretty significant issue - for some reason is the cockpit and its gauges completetly dead, the only exceptions are the indicator arrows, which do work.

Therefore my father did some research and could narrow this issue down to a faulty BCM. The current one - that isnt working properly - has the Model Number "050260 64AC".

In search for replacement he didnt find a single one with the same exact model number (used that is, as new ones are ridiculously expensive). But what he could find was a BCM with the Model Number "050260 63AC" (sounds like a Predecessor)

Now we are wondering if we can use the 63AC one in place of the 64AC.
We would be so grateful if you could give us an insight on whether we can use this seemingly older BCM or not.

please note: we are located in germany and I dont know whether there have been manufacturing changes so that this car fits our local security measurements.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely Yours,
Marcel

Old 07-06-2017, 03:21 AM

Hi Marcel,

Hope we can get your father running as they are great cars. Do the simple things first. Take the dashboard apart (lift the lower plastic cover up, it just pops up. That's the one with the red LED light on it in most editions. Then you get to the screws at the bottom and two at the top to remove the dashboard (speed and rev indicator panel).
Check the connectors at the back and ensure all seated correctly, no damage, etc. That's the first step.

Second, as you say there isn't a second fusebox, just primary in the front beside the battery. Check all fuses are there and not blown, go through one by one as one or more blown.

The trouble with replacing the BCM is that they are coded to the car and keys (from memory) so replacing would need a reprogram which generally is only available from a dealership (Correct me if I'm wrong other folks!). As for using the 63AC instead of 64AC I'm not sure as unsure which edition the 63AC would tie up with.

Just an extra: Does the central locking and remote fob unlock/open doors? Do the interior lights come on when you open the doors? Does the radio work?
If any of the above are YES then I'd not suspect the BCM has totally failed as BCM does functions of the above also.

Hope that helps, good luck!