Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Code was P0235 now and P0113.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:55 AM
Default Code was P0235 now and P0113.

Up till now the car was cutting down the power if I booted it on overtaking but I allowed for it by overtaking where less power was required, code P0235.
Now this morning on climbing a hill it shut down completely. Started ok first time, after I wiggled the starter coil terminal that is (its returned needs another squeeze) but I tread lightly to make my journey as it fluttered. On return journey all seemed ok so I booted it on an empty stretch and it shut down again. But it didn't start till 4th time. Now I have a new code P0113. Now I can add 2+2 together so there might be a simple answer here.
P0235 reads Turbo Boost Sensor 1 Circuit.
P0113 reads Intake Air Temp (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage.
But as we know they are both the same unit so does 2+2=4 and I need this sensor.
Or am I discounting something. I leave it to the Jury on here for support (as I search one out).

Old 11-24-2015, 11:50 AM

Anyway short for time and need car on road so have ordered a new sensor on its Bosch part number of 0281002514 at £58 with next day delivery. There is quite a few vehicles use this sensor forby Ducato in the 2.8JTD, Iveco and LDV. LDV use our engine of course.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:06 PM
tfb

Looks like its pointing towards the sensor....keep us updated

Richard

Old 11-24-2015, 02:33 PM

I feel relieved that the other side of the Boost/Temperature sensor came up and not a fuel rail pressure fault causing the shut down. You know loads about these pressure faults if I remember (and remember) Richard.
Will update this one as I don't think its been threaded on here.
Starter not coming in was a well know one to me off course and I thought I had got it sorted by crushing the terminal.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:00 AM
tfb

our starter did that a little while back too, crushing seems to have held for ours though

Richard

Old 11-25-2015, 11:39 AM

Right then fitted new sensor and abused car. Got 50% success rate. P0235 still there with engine light coming on temporarily and cut in power. No cutting out though and P0113 not returning. There is a feeling that Turbo is just not responding when required. Need to have a look at Turbo actuator.
Now is Turbo actuator Vacuum feed from the EGR operating valve as I read something about that somewhere.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:06 PM

I'm a little confused to say the least after studying Internet faults to my codes and Chrysler codes. P0113 by Chrysler refers to Intake Air Temperature sensor and is incorporated in the Mass Air Flow meter/sensor. This Bosch sensor I fitted is headed Pressure and Temperature sensor. Boost air temp is likely to be different from Intake air temp if you see what I mean. Confusing to say the least so why is my engine not shutting down with new sensor.

Old 11-25-2015, 02:09 PM

Jezza had this P0235 fault back in 03/08/2013 but no conclusion ensued..Could he comment.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:57 PM
tfb

P0235 there are 4 reasons this is flagged
1) voltage from the sensor exceeds 4.85V for more than 2 seconds
2) voltage from the sensor is less than 0.15v for more than 2 seconds
3) the reference voltage out of spec 4.8-5.2 for more than 100ms
4) the signal from the sensor doesn't agree with the reading from the barometric sensor when the engine is idling for at least 5 seconds

for point 4 - you say it happens when driving? If so, then you can discount this reason
for point 3 - The sensor reference voltage B also feeds the A/C pressure sensor - any fault codes for this?

I would stick a scope on the supply and signal from the boost sensor and take it for a run and log the data and then see if the reference voltage is stable or if the sensor is giving an out of spec reading.
Once you know which condition is causing the fault to be raised you can then take the next steps by looking at boost pressure or reference voltage signal

Richard

Old 11-27-2015, 03:41 PM

No scope here even mechanic neighbour who does tool side hasn't one. Woha, Had to stop him starting to pull turbo out. Anyway, have had connectors on sensor wires for months now, so looks like voltage offtake at supply and signal wires is imminent.
Car running ok as long as I don't abuse it, well its got to be as we've no other transport on our single track road. May take a few days again to set things up.

Quick Reply: Code was P0235 now and P0113.