Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code P0645 No start

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 PM

Just want to keep this post updated for anyone else having these issues. I called the main Chrysler Corp. in Michigan and was informed (I had no clue until the lady told me this today) that Ganley Chrysler says my PCM is wiped out. Now this information was not given to me by the, when I had my van in there. As a matter of fact they wanted to charge me $750 for a flywheel and more money for another new starter so they could get it running (because they said they could not diagnose it without it running). Anyway, they supposedly replaced some recalls, but how do they know the recalls worked if the van did not run? They claim they can't diagnose it without it running. prior to going to the Chrysler dealer the van ran intermittently, but since it left it won't do anything (no starting, no clicking, nothing). If they knew the PCM was wiped out why would they want me to replace more parts knowing it wouldn't fix it? Exactly.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:36 PM

Crank sensor??

Old 10-18-2013, 04:27 AM

Hey Dempsey, I finally had it towed to another Chrysler dealer who actually knew what they were doing without keeping me in the dark. It was my PCM (main computer) that went out. Thankfully it was still under the Federal Emissions Warranty which meant I got the PCM (almost $900) replaced for free. The guys at Adventure took good care of me and I thank them for all their help. It took almost three months, but my van is now running like new.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by lynnb86
Hey Dempsey, I finally had it towed to another Chrysler dealer who actually knew what they were doing without keeping me in the dark. It was my PCM (main computer) that went out. Thankfully it was still under the Federal Emissions Warranty which meant I got the PCM (almost $900) replaced for free. The guys at Adventure took good care of me and I thank them for all their help. It took almost three months, but my van is now running like new.
Uh boy. I took it for granted you were over the 80,000 mile limit for the EPA warranty. My bad. Glad to hear someone out there was on the ball.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:25 AM

Raptor 07, it is all thanks to you guys that I was able to find out about the Emissions Warranty. I was reading posts and saw something about it, and I was under 80,000. I asked about it and the tech verified that I was covered! You guys are so great at helping everyone who comes here. I can't thank all of you enough for taking the time to read and respond to all of us. Often enough I am sure, you don't get the thanks you deserve.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:41 PM

Well good for you. You were the one "on the ball" and thanks. I've gotten addicted to these forums over the years. I'm a regular on 6 automotive forums, a few gardening and home maintenance forums and one aviation forum. Stories like yours is one reason I keep coming back. When someone keeps a buck in their wallet and out of a dealers hands it makes my day.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 10-19-2013 at 03:46 PM.