Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Coolant Leak Behind Exhaust Manifold in front of 06 Dodge Caravan 3.3L

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 12:45 PM
Default Coolant Leak Behind Exhaust Manifold in front of 06 Dodge Caravan 3.3L

To whom it may concern,

I have been losing coolant in my 06 Dodge Caravan 3.3L engine and trying to pinpoint the location of the leak to determine the most likely reason coolant is leaking behind the exhaust manifold. It is tricky to see, so I have provided images and additional information below. Any additional information or clarifying questions that could be provided to assist in my investigation would be greatly appreciated!

I recently replaced the radiator, radiator cap, thermostat, and radiator fans. All of those hoses and connections seem good and do not seem to be the source of the leak.

I added UV coolant dye to the radiator so I could better tell where coolant was leaking, and the only place that appears to have leaks is behind the exhaust manifold in the front of the car, as shown in the images included below:

When I ran a radiator pressure test, I did slowly lose pressure, but did not notice any audible hissing and did not immediately see coolant leaking. The leaks shown in the pictures are from driving around for a couple of days after adding dye and topping of coolant, as well as adding to the middle of the two lines on the overflow reservoir.

If you have any questions or need clarification to provide a better answer, please let me know and I will work with you to see how I can help.

Thanks,
Tim