Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Diagnostic Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 08:14 PM
Default Dealership Diagnostic Question

Does dealership diagnostic equipment have the ability to communicate with each system module independently AND control their function?

For example, could the dealership command the driver's seat to move back and forth without touching the seat-mounted switch? I know I could do things like this with my '04 Jag as a part of the diagnostic system I purchased when I owned that car.

The reason I ask is related to the third-row power seat in my 2010 T&C. The right side (40%) was acting erratically so dealership replaced seat module (mechanical) and control module (electrical), but the seat still misbehaves. I would have thought one or the other but not both, and the real issue may be the switch assemble which was not replaced or tested as far as I can tell.

I contend that the dealer could plug in and command the rear seat through its motions independently of the switches and arrived as a more useful diagnosis. Am I understanding correctly?

Bob in Liberty MO

Old 06-29-2021, 09:04 PM

Yes, the Witech diagnostic tool has the ability to command the servos through the control module and see the settings of any switches.

As an example, I have an '14 200 convertible and have purchased the appCar dignostic software. No where near as capable as the Witech but I can step the top through all operations of the PTCM (power top control module) step-by-step and review the switch settings after an operation.

Old 06-30-2021, 06:38 AM

That's what I thought. Today's chat with the dealership should be interesting.