Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

driver window

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Default driver window

I have a 99 town & country I just bought. The driver window when it goes up it stops working. I have to wait a few seconds and goes up a little bit more and wait again and goes up some more until it fully shuts. Sometimes it does work all the way. Do you think it's the window motor?

Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Default RE: driver window

The window motors can definitely go bad. I am on the third one on the passenger side and still have the original on the drivers side. When mine went out, they just stopped working entirely though. You could easily test it by removing the door panel and applying current directly to the leads on the motor ( polarity will determine direction) and see if the motor has a dead spot. if that all works fine, i would probably check the relay as it might be getting hot and disconnecting after only a short time. you could just switch it with another to find out if it makes a difference. After reading this, I would probably check the relay first. It is a lot easier and less invasive.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 AM

Thanks for the info. I will check that first.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:52 AM

The window motors can definitely go bad. I am on the third one on the passenger side and still have the original on the drivers side. When mine went out, they just stopped working entirely though. You could easily test it by removing the door panel and applying current directly to the leads on the motor ( polarity will determine direction) and see if the motor has a dead spot. if that all works fine, i would probably check the relay as it might be getting hot and disconnecting after only a short time. you could just switch it with another to find out if it makes a difference. After reading this, I would probably check the relay first. It is a lot easier and less invasive.
I know that a
window motors can definitely go bad. But I have a passenger side problem were is the relay for that side? Also were would the relay for the driver's side be?