Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Factory Uconect installed on 2005 T&C

Old 07-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Default Factory Uconect installed on 2005 T&C

Yesterday I was able to install factory Uconnect in my wife's limited. I followed the description here on the LH forums

http://www.lhforums.net/forums//showthread.php?t=84

There was a problem with the radio to module harness being the wrong part but supposedly that has been updated. I did not use this harness as I had to make my own then found that the harness was available after all. I would check with the dealer if you do go this route as I have not seen this new harness yet. The system works quite well but is very expensive (about $600 with new and used parts). It works on 2005 to 2007 vans with the RB1 Radio. I am not sure if it interfaces with other radios of that era.

The only difference from the write up above was there was a socket under the DVD player that the power came from so mine plugged write in, I did not have to splice for the power. The other difference is I have a DVD changer and the write up uses a CD changer.
I took many pictures of my install and can proved them in needed. I also documentd how I made my harness.

Also, for those that don;t want to spend this kind of money, there is another system made by the same people that make Uconnect (Johnson Controls) and it is called Blue Connect...

http://www.autointelligence.com/ai/blueconnect.asp

We had this in our Van before I collected all the parts for the real deal. Blue connect goes for about $250 and works pretty good. We have the overhead rail system and I mounted the blue connect on the forward overhead bin.

Fixit

Last edited by mrfixit454; 07-05-2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Added more info