Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Grand Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:09 AM
Default Grand Voyager

Hi everybody, just joined today. I have a 98 grand yoyager LE, i notice that the indicators do not flash when locking/unlocking, there is also no chirp. I have the owners handbook but it makes no mention of indicators being turned off, i have the alarm booklet, that makes no mention of it either, only chirp turning on/off. is there a way this is turned off/on with key presses/ignition etc

Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 08-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum
Info on this alarm is hard to find on the internet as in the UK you have a may and scofield alarm unit fitted at port and the U.S one removed as the U.S one was not thachem approved.
Horn chips I don't think you can has as it will be siren chirps and you would need an upgraded may and scofield alarm (comes with internal sensors and siren) to have that option.
Indicators you can have turn on by the dealer.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 AM

You could try the following for the indicator flash, it worked for me.

Make sure you have the code for your radio and then disconnect your battery for 10 - 15 mins. Reconnect and the indicators should now flash when you lock or unlock the car. Re-enter your radio code.

As for the chirp I asked Chrysler to enable it when I had a new fob programmed, no joy. They said it showed enabled on their DRB scanner but it will only chirp if the alarm has actually gone off and you then press the button to reset the alarm. Otherwise it is as silent as a door mouse. I phoned May and Schofield to try get a bit more inof on the system and they were ****ing useless. What they did tell me however is that the system is NOT actually a 100% M&S it is actually just the US model but with an ultrasound sensor system piggy backed on. Clearly however they have screwed with the ROM programming of the original as they do not seem to respond to the button press sequences of the standard US models.

My car is a 2000 LE TD but built in 99 so same as yours.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:44 AM

Thanks Merlin/Glowplug. The red Led does all the right things, all gauges work and no other faults I can find. More of an irritation on my part. I'll just leave it alone i think as its causing no problems. I might try the battery method at some point, if I have to do any work on it. I did have the clockspring replaced a few weeks ago under the recall, (previous owner wasnt aware obviously) with no problems with the dealer at all, they even picked the motor up and returned it, Lancasters at Lakeside Thurrock
R

Old 08-11-2010, 10:33 AM

Our 99 GV only chirps after three clicks on the lock button - which I believe disarms the internal volumetric sensors meaning that you can lock it, alarmed, with the rear windows open and any breeze won't trigger the alarm.

If you arm it with a door open does it chirp - ours does.