Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Bee
Default Grand Voyager

Hi guys.
Im thinking of getting a 05/06 Grand Voyager. What should I look out for and what are the good spec ones to look for. Im after an auto, diesel.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 PM

An excellent choice, if you want good spec go for the Limited or the next one the executive, do not buy the first one you see and make sure you do a good test drive, make sure all the electrics work, power doors etc, make sure all the lights on the dash come on and go off and that you have a good service record.

Stow and go should be standard on these models and are really good, as far as I am concerned is one of the best features on these models and no over manufacturer can touch it for this?

I have 3 children and the interior is really bullet proof and has not suffered too much with minor breaks, the built in DVD player usually keeps them well entertained.

The build quality is not the best so minor misalignments with some body panels is not unusual but make sure that the sub frames underneath are all straight and true.

I am sure some further pointers will be provided by other forum members.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Bee

Thnks.
Its just what im after. The stow and go is what I like and will a lot of use of that feacher. What sort of MPG do they return in real life?
Thanks for the help.
Bee

Old 02-17-2011, 03:17 PM

As Gasman says get a limited or executive. It won't cost you much more, but you get many more toys.

Full service history is important as lack of servicing can cause expensive problems. I'm thinking in particular of the fuel filter. If this gets clogged and debris get through it can cause £££ of damage to the high pressure fuel pump. Also be aware that the Cambelt interval is 5 years/60,000 miles, so its likely 05/06 cars will not have the belt done, but will be due. It'll cost about £350 to get it done at a local garage....probably £500 at the dealer.

Get an auto.....they are a great transmission, and they don't hurt economy too much. The manuals are known to be troublesome.

I'd agree that you should check electrics carefully. Make sure the airbag light, ABS light and engine check light come on when you turn the ignition on.....and that they go out after the engine has started. Large imminent bills could be hidden by removing any of the above bulbs. Also check all electric sliding doors, tail gate, and windows, as well as heated seats.

You should watch for oil leaks. Engine oil leak could be crankshaft oil seal(usually only on high mileage engines)....power steering fluid could be failing power steering rack. Both expensive repairs.

Listen for knocks from the front end on the test drive. Anti roll bar bushes and links are a weak point and you'll hear knocking from the front if they are worn. But it's not expensive to put right.

Fuel economy depends on what driving you do...I got 38 MPG when driving 20 miles to and from work. (gentle driving) 34 MPG is more typical when just driving around locally.
Once on a 200 mile motorway trip at a constant 55 mph I got 51 MPG!

Last edited by booke23; 02-17-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Bee

Thanks guys. that's just spot on. fuel economy is better than I thought. But I've got a 06 subaru STi at the moment so any thing over 22mpg is good for me. Ha Ha

Old 09-25-2012, 12:47 AM

I need repair manual for Grand voyager 2001 engine 3.3