Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

grand voyager 2.5crd heating question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Default grand voyager 2.5crd heating question.

hi. im a new voyager owner and wondered if its common for the heating to be totally useless on these vehicles. my 5 kids are freezing to death on the school run!! lol.
also do these have 1 or 2 fuel filters as we think these need replacing.
my grand voyager is a 2003/53 plate if that helps.
another question is on 2 occasions its suddenly cut out on me mid driving. but starts up straight away and drives off no probs. is this possibly a fuel filter prob?? it does seem to have a flat spot particularly once you get to around 60 mph.
thanks.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 PM
tfb

Normally I would say the heating is excellent, takes a few mins to warm up though as I've removed my aux heater.

What is your temperature gauge reading? I think the earlier ones also have the IR temp sensor between the vents, a hot cup of coffee in a cup holder can really confuse it.

If you have no idea of the service history then an oil and filter change won't go amiss.

Regards

Richard

Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 PM

mine is virtually useless. its freezing cold. yes i think it does have the ir sensor inbetween the vents. il check the temp gauge. i think its reading halfway between cold and normal. as for service history all i know is it had new cambelt at 86k. its now done just under 160k. and some very old service receipts. its only had 1 owner since new and is in super condition. hence the mileage not really putting us off. and we read that these diesel engines are fantastic. as for the heaters well on auto i know there is some time delay before they kick in ( which seems an eternity) but even if i switch it to manual its just crazy cold. then finally heats up but by this time im back home again. lol. just want to get it sorted for the babys sake really. its like an igloo for her.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:07 PM

My own 2.5 crd takes an age to heat up when it's cold outside, I've removed the front grill and put some cardboard in before reattaching.
Now it gets to around half way on the temp gauge after around 10 miles instead of being just off the cold.

The cut off mid driving, is there any smell of exhaust fumes inside the car? if there is, remove the engine cover and look for a black buildup around injectors.

For the fuel filter, as far as I know theres only one, next to the fuel tank.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 PM

A piece of this cut to size and popped over the grill bars gives a temp fix dismantled in milliseconds, buy new stuff next winter or pop it in the boot if your middle name is Ebenezer - get the correct diameter size !

Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 AM

my temp gauge isnt even reaching a 1/4 mark after approx 10 miles. im assuming its running cold then and a new thermostats in order.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 AM

the stat is a common fault. sort that, and you should see your water temp at halfway pretty quickly and in turn, you will have plenty of hot air into the car.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Default Heating Problem.

Hi, Its the Thermostat as all have stated. Just changed mine last weekend so instead of temp gauge only showing 1/4 on gauge Eventually, its now sitting just under half after about ten minutes running. Taking wiper tray, its vent cover and wiper arms off was a doddle, good job I got an £8 bearing extractor from Machinemart for the wiper arms. Pain was the nut on the thermostat flange that holds the intake down pipe, mines was seized and nut accessed from below. Had to scrap off the old Thermostat gasket too with aid of a mirror.
Goggs...

Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 AM

hi mate. I saw in one of your posts that you have removed or disabled your cars pre heater? Our 2003 card has one fitted and its smelly and noisy... .what's involved in removing or disabling it?

Cheers, Andy

Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM

Sorry. .....that question was aimed at tbf !

Quick Reply: grand voyager 2.5crd heating question.