Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

grand voyager dash dials (uk)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Default grand voyager dash dials (uk)

Hi all,

i have a 2005 grand voyager crd and have an intermittent fault (well i guess it is?) that sometimes when i attempt to start, the dial needles on the speedo & rev counter move and go all the way round then fall back to the zero positions then if i attempt to start nothing happens.
i have put up with this for a while now by switching ignition off and re-trying to start which it will if the needles dont move. But today everytime i attempted to start the needles would move and a clicking sound around dash area was heard! Called out breakdown recovery who got it going by using jump leads... battery is only 4mths old tho.. he did say it could be an earthing problem!! but hasn't a clue as to why the needles would move.

would appreciate any feed back on this

cherrs.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:38 PM

The needles do this if the battery is low or has been disconnected and is normal operation, it’s just the dash resetting. The clicking again is normal if the battery is low. Do a search on here, I guess you have a diesel and probably doing short trips. Need to do a battery drain test no more then 0.03 amps after it’s been stood for an hour (needs to go to sleep properly before you test for drain) then I expect you need the battery upgrade or you have a charging fault or an intermittent drain.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Smile This is a common fault see posts

Hi i had this problem and sorted it out others have done the same not all have extended cables though space saver battery is not upto the job

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...ead.php?t=6473

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...4359#post24359

Regards
Peter