Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

grand voyager fuel heater problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Default grand voyager fuel heater problem

first of all a big thanks to merlin for the advice on my alternator problem it was the pulley as he said, it was spinning but not fast enough all sorted now cheers
but heres my next problem got a grand voyager 2.8crd auto 54 plate and the fuel heater fuse blows as soon as i put it in done some reading but now stuck on where to look,
i have pulled the main plug off from underneath next to the fuel filter so the heater is disconnected and sill blows fuse so the fault isnt actually in the heater put tester on fuse and it is showing a direct short to ground, disconnected plug from ipm and put tester right onto the the DB/OR wire on the plug which is for the heater and this shows up as a direct short so somewhere from the engine compartment to the heater plug at the fuel filter it is shorting out somewhere the question is is there a common location for the short to happen or is it a case of just working down the loom till i find it which is going to take ages,
i have waggled the loom under bonnet at the ipm and at the filter where the loom comes through the floor with the tester connected and the short was still there cheers

Old 12-06-2010, 11:04 AM

sorted the problem out just in case any1 else has the same problem the crankcase heater is on the same circuit and it was that what had gone direct short to earth

Old 12-07-2010, 10:24 AM

Hi Crow

I have exact same problem. Disconnected fuel heater plug and fuse still blows. Came to conclusion that it might be where the loom was rubbing on the front of the engine block, I have some wear marks on the cable there, so I cable tied it to the dipstick tube. You might want to check yours.

Looks like you have found the answer, can you tell me where the crankcase heater is please?

Rodger

Old 12-07-2010, 02:23 PM

He beat me too it finding it himself lol. The heater is on the engine breather pipe you will see it if you follow the air intake pipe.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 PM

Thanks Merlin and Crow, I wonder how many more heaters there are in the cold start circuit?

Old 12-07-2010, 05:35 PM

No that's all