Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello, and a plea for help with model

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Default hello, and a plea for help with model

Hi there

Apologies in advance for making my first post a question, am a little out of my depth and thought I'd come and ask those who might actually know the answer instead of driving myself mad trying to work it out myself online!

I'm in the process of buying myself my first 7 seater. Following a recommendation from a friend I bought a used grand voyager from my local dealer. It wasnt in stock and was being sent up. The paperwork I was given states : Chrysler Grand Voyager Diesel 2.8 CRD Executive 5dr Auto . . . reg is a 57 plate, registered in 08. It arrived today and I went to have a look (not finalising purchase till its mot'd etc etc end of the week) and it wasnt till I left I realised I thought the seats on the grand voyager were 'stow and go' style, the sales guy said they only come out with difficulty etc. I looked online when i got back and found the original advert for the car i've ''bought'' which is listed as a
2008 (57) Chrysler Voyager 2.8 Diesel CRD Touring 5 Dr Auto . . . although the tech specs on it do say stow and go . .

to complicate my poor pregnant brain further, most insurance companies cant find it from the reg, excpet direct line who have found it as a
CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER(04 ON) LTD CRD/AU 2776cc 5DR

sooooooo my question is (not wanting to phone the garage tomorrow and sound any more like the dozy woman I clearly am, what model of car have I bought? I thought it was a grand voyager exec, which i think should have stow and go etc etc etc, but am now not sure. The only pic I have is the one from the advert, which is

any suggestions gratefully received!!
(and thank you for making it this far )

pamela
x

Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 PM

That car is not a Grand Voyager.....Its a Voyager.

To the casual observer, it's quite hard to tell the two apart as the Voyager is exactly the same car except it is about 12 inches shorter than the Grand voyager and as you have found out, they do not have stow 'n go seating.

Stow 'n go was never available in the Voyager.

On the face of it, an honest mistake by the dealer. However Grand Voyagers are worth about 20% more on the used market than Voyagers, so it's quite a convenient mistake too!

Either walk away, or haggle for a big discount on the price. As an owner of a Voyager with heavy removable seats (the rear bench really needs 2 Guys to lift it out), I'd advise going for a Grand Voyager with stow 'n go. Thats what I will replace my current Voyager with.

Let us know what they say when you enlighten them!

Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 AM

hi there

many many thanks - i'll go back to the garage today and see what they're saying will let you know how i get on

pamela
x

Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 PM

Good luck with your purchase.
I have a Voyager and I'm a 5'11" 220lbs ex army guy and I battle my *** off to get the seats out on my own, it's no simple task. You need to be 2 people to do it safely.
Sto and go is nice but keep in mind that those back seats get a bit uncomfortable for adults on longer trips. We rented a Grand Voyager with sto and go for a 5000 mile trip and those seats are about as comfortable as airline couch class.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by ettienne
Sto and go is nice but keep in mind that those back seats get a bit uncomfortable for adults on longer trips.
I've heard this before. My thinking is that I'll never sit in them as I'm always doing the driving! So it wouldn't put me off! But it's something to think about if you are going to be transporting adults in the back.

Something I just remembered........You mention that you are pregnant pamelaj....Bear in mind that With Stow 'n Go you can only use child car seats that are attached with the car's seat belts.

The ISOFIX type seats that cleverly clip into anchors on the seat and have a foot prop that rests on the floor can't be used on stow 'n go as the floor below the seats is not strong enough. (its just a lid covering the seat storage space....in an accident they would break) However you can get ISOFIX seats with a 3rd middle teather that goes over the back of the seat and attaches to a special 3rd anchor point behind. But they are not popular in the UK....I think there are only 1 or 2 car seats where this option is available.......

......Sorry to digress but thought I'd mention it!