Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP Please - Side door power window question/issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 07:50 PM
Default HELP Please - Side door power window question/issue

All,

I'm new to the forum and have a few questions and need some help.

Stats:
Year: 2013 T/C Touring L
Miles: 156k
Issue: Right Sliding door power window issue (self inflicted)

Right side door lock was jammed, so I removed the trim panel to troubleshoot. Without paying attention, I mistakenly removed the bolts to the power window motor and bracket. As I pried the panel back to access the lock mechanism, the motor shaft came out of the gear housing and the cables for the power window pulley came unraveled. I tried for the life of me to put it back together but daylight and time was running out. So I had to take it to the dealer today just to have them reassemble that part. They came back to me with and estimate of $1600 and want to replace the motor and everything. I explained that the motor was fine and it didn't need to be replaced, but this is the comment got back...

"It has to be replaced because the cable and pulley that are part of the window regulator came apart. There is no way to reassemble it with the pulley and cable."

I call BS, can anyone else confirm? Everything can be put back together in my mind, and this isn't a real complex part. It easily came apart so it should be able to be reassembled. It needs someone that knows how to do it LOL. In my mind it's a 2-3 hour job at most in a shop. I am very technical and mechanically handy so I can pretty much anything with a small bit of guidance, but was getting frustrated that an hour job became a 3 hour job and I failed and messed it up more (Fix door lock break window motor&#129324.

I don't have pictures because the car is in the shop, but basically the shaft from the PW motor (mounting on the outside of the interior panel) mounts through the hole in the panel into the housing behind it. The housing is the female end for the shaft with the teeth for turning it. That pulley in the housing came out, and the 2 cables came unraveled causing the window to slide down. Now it's all jacked up.

For reference this video will help ID my issues:

The part he is holding at 3:04 is the pulley that came unraveled
The black part on the table is the housing the shaft goes into (which is behind the door panel on the inside of the door which is hard to access without removing the entire black interior panel)

My question(s):
Does anyone know the best way to reinstall it and access that inside part easily without removing the door completely?
If the above is doable, the i can probably follow the above video to restring it. If not, does anyone know how to restring the pulley system and reinstall the original working mechanism while it's on the car?
Anyone have access to a FSM to reference?

Thank you in advance.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:52 PM

Forgot to link the video