Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Help! solution/diagnosis for a problem with my grand voyager 2003

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Default Help! solution/diagnosis for a problem with my grand voyager 2003

Hi Guys,

Can anybody help and point me in the right direction to get me back on the road?

I purchased my Voyager with only 15k on the clock, I`ve had it serviced regularly and now she`s running (well was) with a little over 100k on the clock.

She`s never missed a beat and the engine sounds as good as the day I picked her up.

Trouble started with a fill up at the petrol/gas station, which I think had no bearing on the problem . No problems or symptoms prior to the fill up. Got back in, key in ignition, no start, the needles bounced and the warning lights flashed/stayed on. Side lights would work and main beam but no dipped beam, radio cd still worked.

Still no luck after 5-10 minutes, providence/luck whatever you`d call it, turned the key and the engine started, as I didn`t have far to go to get home drove home. Side lights worked, no dipped beam but main beam (which was lucky as I live in a rural part of the country!) warning lights such as ABS, engine and battery remained on even though the engine was running fine. On tick over the lights would flicker, no drain or engine stop if the brake was applied, so I`ve kind of ruled out the alternator. Reversed into the drive (reversing lights worked) Engine still ticking over perfectly, both the rev counter and speedo had worked during the short drive home.

Stopped the engine, attempted to restart same symptoms, no start.

Alarm, central locking will not work.

Will the fault be with the BCM?

I`ve found a company that will remanufacture my unit, but just want to see if anyone has had similar problems and how they dealt with it.

Yours in Hope,

Tony

Old 02-22-2014, 08:08 AM
tfb

by no start do you mean not cranking or not firing? This makes a big difference to remote diagnosis. Is it petrol or diesel?

the needle sweep is often a sign of poor battery condition.

Regards
Richard

Old 02-22-2014, 09:11 AM

You may have pressed the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the key-FOB in the filling station and divorced the FOB and key [Sentry Key Immobilizer Module (SKIM) code] from the cars brain.

.... or

As tfb / Richard says it may just be a crap battery, when and what was the last new battery installed ?

Pull the NEG terminal off for 16 minutes, then bolt it back on re-initializing the PCM. Get in the car and turn the IGN to the RUN position, you will hear clunks & clicks and servo's being tested. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the FOB [not the doors] then open and close all the doors from the FOB. Now start the car. What happens ? If it starts and runs - switch off and set the alarm when you get out as usual. What happens ?