Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little input would be greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 08:07 AM
Unhappy A little input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Everyone,

We recently purchased a 1997 Chrysler T&C LXI. Some things have needed to be replaced which we have been doing, we thought we had pretty much all fixed, but my husband noticed one day the front blower vents..nothing was blowing out of them (no matter what speed it was on). Now, I am a researcher ..I have searched the net and read about numerous things. I was JUST about to purchase a new motor blower when out of no where, they started working again (all speeds-no issues). Then, the other day....they stopped working again (once again, all speeds).

So now I am very unsure if it is in fact a bad motor blower or if it the blower switch itself. I am pretty confident to say it isn't the resistor, since I have read that it pretty much always will work on the high speed if that is the problem. Our issue is it will go to not working at all on any setting, to working perfectly fine another day on all settings. Then again..maybe I just don't get it, I will admit, I am a female that only knows what she can figure out online Any input would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas...Switch or Blower Motor? or am I just way off in general?? thank you for your time!

Old 11-19-2015, 11:08 AM
tfb

Ideally. use a multi-meter to measure the voltage to the blower motor at each of the speed settings when it's working.

when it decides to fail again you can check again at the motor for those voltages. If they are there then it's the motor if not the check on the switch, if there is no voltage there then it's the switch (or the supply to it) if the voltage is there then check the wiring between the switch and motor.

Fault finding for this kind of fault is just a matter of breaking it down and testing at various points.

Regards
Richard

Old 11-19-2015, 03:46 PM

Further to tfb check the Relay for voltage and condition of contacts.
But further to your findings, you say its not blowing out of the front vents. But is the blower running at this time and its a vent door issue.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Old 11-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

quick test when it stops working turn it on full speed then use a hammer or kick the motor either one if it comes back on new motor time if not then need some tools to check it out.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:15 AM
tfb

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
quick test when it stops working turn it on full speed then use a hammer or kick the motor either one if it comes back on new motor time if not then need some tools to check it out.
like that test, nice one

Richard