Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Motor noise/whine after switch-off. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/motor-noise-whine-after-switch-off-20791/)

Leedsman 11-09-2013 09:14 AM

I'm giving Shell's V-power diesel a run for three months or so to see if it has any effect on fuel consumption. I tried BP's version on the diesel Jag., but it made no noticeable difference. The Jag's injectors were piezoelectric, this 2006 GV. is solenoid-magnetic. The later GVs are piezoelectric, (I think after 2011), plus an extra 15 horses to drag you along. If my injectors are a little clogged, it should improve the mpg fig. If not, it's 40p per gallonUK extra for naught (or nowt if you live in Yorkshire).

Leedsman.

QinteQ 11-09-2013 10:09 AM

The 3 yellow arrows in a square box is the rear window [10 minutes then it switches off] defroster - our American cousins call it a defogger. The 3 yellow arrows NOT in a square box on the extreme right of the curved information bar as far as I'm aware is just to tell you you have switched on the heating.

I tried the expensive Shell V-Power Nitro+ Diesel for three tanks and it made no difference to MPG, mind you I have the same 33MPG mixed regardless of use and no blue smoke. Whether the Nitro+ has the capacity to reduce deposits on the injectors and improve spray patterns leading to better performance I've always considered a Paul Daniels outcome.

TimmyTim 11-09-2013 01:42 PM

I'm not that bothered if V-Power gives me more mpg! Would be nice all the same if this GTL(Gas To Liquid) semi synth fuel did! I'm more interested in the double additive package that should help maintain the fuel system.

TimmyTim 11-09-2013 04:47 PM

Try using some low ash 2T (2 stroke) oil in the fuel! Burns cleaner than diesel and lubes the fuel system! Cheap in Morrisons and Wilko's!

TimmyTim 11-09-2013 07:45 PM

I must say that I've only ever used V-Power in my Toyota T-180 and I get better mpg! This could be because I run a K&N air filter along with a £485 Tunit box! Who knows! But using a top quality fuel must have a difference! It's the same as us eating crap food and expecting to remain health! Not gonna happen! Same with the life blood of our engine! Use crap oil and it might save you pennies now! But could cost thousands in the long run!!!

Leedsman 11-10-2013 09:34 AM

Token expired.

I've taken TimmyTim's advice and have installed 2--stroke low ash oil in the fuel tank at a ratio of about 250:1. I'll report my findings in due course. I tried a small amount of acetone some time ago in the Jag's fuel tank, and it made no difference to anything.
Money:
£1:50 per 250ml. serving.

Leedsman.

Leedsman 11-10-2013 09:35 AM

Token test for errors.

TimmyTim 11-10-2013 12:54 PM

Will be great to hear what you think of it. Lots have reported on other forums that the engine runs smother! Just remember to use the low ash mineral 2T oil and not the semi or full synth one. Basically the cheapest oil you can find. I did have a bottle here somewhere with the Numbers on! I remember the one from Wilko's was green in color and about 3 quid for 500ml...

Leedsman 11-13-2013 12:17 PM

The three wiggly yellow lines (or snakes) have no little box around them, but they are located bottom centre of fascia display next the MIL light, the one that looks like an engine.

I'm very pleased to report that today with ambient temps around 0*C, the heater warmed up quickly, and the cyl. head temperature gauge I fitted seems to like hovering around 82*C. But with such a big mini-van, it does take a while to heat up all that space. If anyone wants details of this temp. gauge I fitted, just say so. It's cheap and easy to fit, anyone could do it. No drilling, not even a connection to the electrics!

Leedsman.

Leedsman 11-13-2013 12:22 PM

Re. adding 2--stroke oil to fuel; bit early to tell as yet, but a kind of faint "howling" from the engine under full pulling power seems to have disappeared. That's all so far.

Leedsman.