Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving T&C fancy parts to Grand Caravan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Default Moving T&C fancy parts to Grand Caravan?

I have both a 1992 Town & Country and a 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan.

The Town and Country has many more gadgets and nicer interior features. Sadly, it may also be dead (or too costly to fix).

Is it possible to switch the gauge cluster between the two? The T&C has digital gauges, which I really like. The Caravan has the standard analog gauge cluster.

Also, is it possible to transplant the computer that runs the display over the rear-view mirror? It's the display with the compass, temperature, miles per gallon, etc in the panel in the ceiling. The Caravan has a plastic cap that I can pop out the put the display in, but what else would I have to transplant to make it actually work?

Both vehicles have a 3.3L engine. They both use the same body type (was identical from 92-95).

Thanks.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:11 PM

The mini computer relies on data from the body computer and the engine computer to operate properly. It's very doubtful that the Dodge is set up to deliver the data needed, and it is also questionable whether the needed wiring is there to carry the signals. I would doubt that you could transfer the whole kit and kaboodle to the Dodge (engine computer, body computer, dash and wiring) and have it work, but who knows? Your "electronic VIN" wouldn't match the VIN at the windshield, and the odometer mileage for the Dodge wouldn't be correct, but if the next owner is the junkyard, it may not matter, assuming you could get it to work.