Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N-gear problem in Chrysler Grand Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Unhappy N-gear problem in Chrysler Grand Voyager

I have probelm with my Grand Voyager LE 3,3 V6 engine (1996) with automatic transmission. When gear is in N-position and car is in the move (backward or forward) it breaks like gear would be on. All the other gears work like dream appart from N-position.

I have tried to find out the problem by disconnecting the 8-pin power cable that goes to the gearbox solenoid. When the cable is disconnected gearbox finds the N-position, but when cable is connected it does not. The TCM has been changed to new, but it did not solve the problem. At the gearbox there is no neutral "start/back up" -switch at all.

Inside from the gearbox the 3rd and 4th gearwheels has been chaged in garage as they were a bit broken.

Does anyone know the PRNDL-switch, in which colour is the cable that is for N-gear and where does it go to?

Old 09-25-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by hattumies
I have probelm with my Grand Voyager LE 3,3 V6 engine (1996) with automatic transmission. When gear is in N-position and car is in the move (backward or forward) it breaks like gear would be on. All the other gears work like dream appart from N-position.

I have tried to find out the problem by disconnecting the 8-pin power cable that goes to the gearbox solenoid. When the cable is disconnected gearbox finds the N-position, but when cable is connected it does not. The TCM has been changed to new, but it did not solve the problem. At the gearbox there is no neutral "start/back up" -switch at all.

Inside from the gearbox the 3rd and 4th gearwheels has been chaged in garage as they were a bit broken.

Does anyone know the PRNDL-switch, in which colour is the cable that is for N-gear and where does it go to?
This does not sound like an electrical issue.

If I got your gearbox in my shop, I would verify your complaint (I've never heard of what you are describing) and I would use pressure gauge to see if there's some cross leaking causing unwanted apply.

Just speculating, I'm wondering if there's a problem with the manual control valve.