Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never purchase Chrysler Town & Country!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 02:03 PM

LOL. I am a computer scientist and have 42 years in the business working for many advance high tech and research clients and a gear head on to boot. Regardless of the "condescending advice" regarding Katherine's first hand perception, she is right on. Owners of manufactured vehicles are not supposed to be engineers. The problem she is articulating is spot on. I own a 2010 Town and Country. Bran new they are great design. But drive them past 20K and you may be wondering why you bought this lemon. Every chance I get I always ask Caravan and Town & Country owners about their brakes - same exact answer "they suck", so much for 1000's of happy ownership, the probability is 100% that they all got problems. if you go to the NHTS site you will find plenty of "reported" problems about these brake systems - maybe Katherine is filling up these I hate Chrysler Town and Country Brake discussions herself? The design is flawed, replace all your suspension components because a they are NOT meant to last - brakes (rotors, pads, calipers, shocks, struts). Chose higher grade after market components, definitely avoid the substandard OEM parts from any Chrysler dealership, you will actually pay less for superior components.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:07 PM

Yup. They are great for the first few thousand miles. They should have crossed drilled and slotted rotors and heavier duty shocks and struts. But the Nordstrom wanna be marketing/accountants seem to always win out by promising Nordstrom deliverable with a 7/11 under the hood engineering.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:37 PM

Reading these reactions and reactions on the USA forum it seems that when you own a newer (petrol) model you need luck to stay on the road with a working vehicle
I am very very happy I own a 2002 CRD which is one of the sturdiest vehicles I ever owned. almost 300K km and rides like new, (almost) never any problems.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:54 PM

Of the 50+ cars I've owned this has been the best. Got a problem at mo, its running, getting places but its slowly getting sorted. No histerics, no screaming, shouting or heart attacks. Lets get on with it especially when Britain's sinking.