Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No turn over for me !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

then u cant do that U are now down to the scanner issue pay some one to come look at it with a good scanner.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by stpaulandy
It was jumped at starter,will go give it a shake and check fo corrosion
Ok. You proved the starter is getting power from the main battery lead and the starter will rotate when given enough power. You have proven the control side of the relay is working (starter relay clicks right?). Only thing left is the other half of the relay output circuit.

Remove the starter relay. On the relay panel jumper pins 30 and 87 with a small piece of wire or paper clip. Numbers are on the bottom of the relay. The starter should immediately crank. If it does, we'll all start scratching our heads. If it doesn't, check the 40 amp starter relay fuse. If it's good you have an open wire between the battery and the IPM or the IPM and the starter. Could also be an internal IPM fault. All the battery and starter connections are clean and tight right?

Why no codes? As CT said, could be your scanner. The OBD system can be a fickle beast. It runs on a sensitive PCI data bus that has given techs and especially home mechanics fits for years. That said, you may not have a fault that will generate a code. The system is designed to detect faults that will effect emissions. The range of those faults is wide but could be too narrow for your problem.

FYI - everything I've posted is relative to your no crank problem. It appears you have problems beyond that. I just figured get the basic start system going then go on to whatever isn't working at that point. They may or may not be related.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-09-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:51 PM

Hey CT and Raptor thanks for the patience and information.Van was handed down to me from my Dad and it's mainly used to get my Mom around.I did jump the relay and it cranked fine. I'll be calling a Gremlin finder to find the little B*stard. Took tommorrow off 50-60 degrees in mid january in MN... if it was gonna happen couldnt have happened at a better time. I will definitely pass on what the outcome is.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 PM

One thing I forgot to mention is the relay that made the click when key turned was the accs.relay right next to starter relay.But as you said I got other issues going on.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Well got the van to the shop yesterday afternoon,told the mech. wasnt an ASAP project. Figure I'd give em a day or two and them charge them a daily fee for being a trainning aid .

Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by stpaulandy
One thing I forgot to mention is the relay that made the click when key turned was the accs.relay right next to starter relay.But as you said I got other issues going on.
Ouch! If the starter relay is not clicking when you turn the key the control side of the relay is dead meaning no ground from the PCM. You may be buying a new PCM. Hope it's just a bad ignition switch or wiring.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-12-2012 at 12:55 AM.