Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noisy front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Noisy front suspension

May have a shot at replacing these myself - can someone tell me the torque settings for both the sway bar link bolts and the bush bracket nuts?

Also is there anywhere I can get a chart of all torque settings, or can someone recommend the best workshop manual for this.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM

Out of the 2006 Service Manual:

REMOVAL

1- Raise vehicle
2- Remove the 2 bolts fastening the emission leak detection pump to the craddle crossmember reinforcement
3- Move the leak detection pump to the side allowing access to the stabilizer bar cushion retainers.
4- Remove the nut and bolt securing each stabilizer bar cushion retainer to the cradle crossmember and remove the retainers.
5- Remove each new cushion on stabilizer bar by spreading cushion at slit and forcing it onto stabilizer bar.

INSTALATION

1- Install each new cushion on stabilizer bar by spreading cushion at slit and forcing it onto stabilizer bar.
2- Place stabilizer bar into mounted position with cushions properly aligned.
3- Hook each retainer into cradle crossmember mounting hole and over cushion.
4- Install each mounting bolt from rear of cradle crossmember through retainer. Install the two nuts and tighten to 68 Nm torque.
5- Reattach emission leak detection pump to cradddle crossmember reinforcement with two mounting bolts.
6- Lower the vehicle.

Notes:
Slide side of bushing must be installed on sway bar facing toward the rear of the vehicle when sway bar is installed.[/align][/align][/align]Ask google for any other torque values you need :-) (that is where I found this)[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 01-16-2009, 07:17 AM

Many thanks.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:44 PM

Just an update - had my local (non-Chrysler) fit the bushes and sway bar links a couple of weeks ago - he charged me 2 hours at £40 per hour, so £80 in total (that would get me about 40 minutes in the Chrysler dealer) and it transformed the Voyager. Nice and quiet over bumps now and just feels that bit better for it. Many thanks to all who gave advice here.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:49 AM

Hi, My voyager makes a bump sound going over speed bumps, I have had the car up on ramps and cant really see worn bushes, But I`m probably looking in the wrong place, can anyone guide me where to look for worn rubbers, or post pic`s of where to look,

PS its 2.5TD 1999

Thanks for any advice

Pete

Old 03-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Default Just changed mine

My 02 needed replaced bad didn't know what problem was then read this forum. Changed myself in less than an hour. The only thing I would advise is a ratchiting 15 millimeter box end for driver sideone. Anyway the van sounds so much better now steering feels a little better now. Oh ya ussed the blue ones made by MOOG highly recomend them.