Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:12 AM
Default Oil Leak

I have a CRD Grand Voyager Ltd which I am very happy with. However I have noticed that it has started to leak oil from the engine block. Removal of the sump guard and adjacent sound proofing and removal of all oil residue has virtually confirmed that the leak is somewhere around the bottom pulley. With the engine running 'fresh oil' can be seen running down from behind the pulley and I suspect that an oil seal through which the pulley enters the block is faulty. Has anyone previous experience of this problem and is it possible to replace the defective part without the removal of the engine?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 AM

Hi there,

I've unfortunately just lost my voyager, however this is *very* similar to the symptoms I was getting.

Have you checked if you're loosing any water at the same time? I also saw a similar oil leak from where you mention, suspected seals, etc, but in the end the garage reported it was actually a cracked block and I ended up giving up on the car and scrapping it.

Not sure if it helps but info on the thread is here: https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...on-tank-20067/

Old 08-13-2013, 02:57 PM

Andy sorry to hear of your misfortune there - especially as it looks like you put a bit of care into the vehicle. Good to know when to walk away though.

Ian (OP): I have not had experience of that leak on this vehicle, but I would just warn that if you are seeing oil at the front crankshaft pulley viewed from below, don't rule out an oil leak from above the pulley running down the timing cover...gravity only works one way.

Good luck.