Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peoples thoughts on these headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Default Peoples thoughts on these headlights

So was browsing around looking for aftermarket stuff for my Chrysler and came across these ..

What you guys think .. I think very nice but bloody EXPENSIVE lol

Chrysler Grand Voyager kailing southeast angel eye headlight conversion Q5 3 LED Daytime Running Lights Hella HID on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Old 01-10-2016, 03:36 PM

Yes they look very nice but you right,,price is huge. I had for a while in my mind to open my head lights and put Led strips inside them. And will be done for £ 20. of course without angel eyes.
Also i liked this one..yet again price is a bit ...yeahCar Video player GPS Navigation DVD Stereo Headunit For CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER | eBay

Old 01-18-2016, 10:36 AM

Actually thats not not a bad price for a light that includes Hella HID's.

If you were going to buy a good quality conversion with the correct projector units for your standard lights then you're going to be getting into the near side of $700. Then there's the dismantling of your headlamps and fitting of the projector units all that entails.

I made the mistake of buying a cheaper set and they have been nothing but a pain. The HID's that came installed had issue after issue until I give up and bought another set off ebay, which turned out to be a mistake because they were just as bad. So I coughed up the extra for a good quality set from Osram, genuine not ebay knock-offs and they don't fit the enclosure. Too long, so then went with normal Halogen bulbs, Philips. These should be great but projectors are not designed for normal bulb light patters so light output is so bad that I've had to fit the stock lights for over the winter months as I simply cannot see without the brights on!

So now my only option is to purchase a quality set of projectors which by the time I've done this will put me at around $750. So I'm not even prepared to do that at this point. I'll run the stock units for ther winter then go back to the after-markets during the summer months!

However, before I'd ever go down that rout again I'd also check local lighting regs. A friends kid in Virginia got a set for his VW at Christmas and he's now converting back because he's had 3 tickets already!

Old 01-18-2016, 12:59 PM

If you have won the lottery can you send me your address so I can send you pleading letters of wow, being a down and out, sleeping in doorways, being a merchant banker or, or, or...Thanks Pleading, skint person.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:57 PM

hahaha, I wished, although I am one of those guys who would live in a tent is it meant I could buy something for my car! hahaha