Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

possible head gasket 2.5 crd

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:42 PM

i will do ,having put the K seal in it has stopped losing water and smoking in the new year i will remove the head and replace with the one i have been given wjich has only covered 23,000 miles
i did a search on google and found another with the same issue this being a jeep though same symptoms started off jamming when turning over (hydraulicing )which i had thought it was starter related though and then progressed like mine did to smoking the guy had his pressure checked and found to be cracke on the inlet tube which i think is where mine has gone
when i remove the head next time i will take pics and post on here

dan

Old 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM

this weekend is head change time mind you it has been fine with the K-seal in it but due to me wanting things right and the fact we tow a caravan i am going to fit the head i was given as its only done 23k i will be fitting the cam housing/cover with cam shafts that came with the new head
a question for the techs who may know-on the newer cam housing the sensor at the front the boost pressure/air temperature sensor the hole in the cover is smaller due to the sensor being smaller the plug is the same and have looked through the manual i have and the operating voltages are the same so i am hoping it will work
or the other option is to drill the hole out on the cover to fit my original
this time i will try to take pics of the job and post on here

Old 01-28-2012, 03:47 PM

new head on but managed to break the banjo bolt wouldnt mind if i had given it loads but just nipped it up and,,,,,,snap anyone got a spare one?????

Old 11-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Default Update please

Hi Dan
How did the head exchange end up? As my 2.8 CRD Is showing smoke and oil is appearing in the exspansion tank!! Head gasket is required me thinks?
Cheers
Andrew

Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM

Hi

If there wasn't any smoke, I would check the oil cooler. There are a few threads on this forum detailing the problem. Basically the the oil cooler fractures and allows the oil to mix with the water and you get oil in the header tank (oil pressure higher than the coolant pressure).

Apparently the way to check is bypass the the oil cooler with a piece of pipe and clips, you will get an oil leak from the cooler, but no more oil in the header tank.

Might be worth a look before you start looking at the head etc. Oil cooler is easy to change and don't pay more than £230 incl vat, I had to change it recently, for a different reason.

Hope this helps you.