Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question to Voyager owners with not stow and go seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 03:41 AM
Default A question to Voyager owners with not stow and go seats

Does your rear seat fold forward?
I have a Voyager (not Grand) 2.8 CRD Executive UK model and can’t find a way to fold a rear seat forward. The leaver on the right does allow the seat to be reclined back quite a bit but not fold forward. Is this by design or something is broken?
Here is the link to the same rear seat:
http://www.theaa.com/images/allabout...ger_detail.jpg

Old 09-25-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by alexnz
Does your rear seat fold forward?
I have a Voyager (not Grand) 2.8 CRD Executive UK model and can’t find a way to fold a rear seat forward. The leaver on the right does allow the seat to be reclined back quite a bit but not fold forward. Is this by design or something is broken?
Here is the link to the same rear seat:
http://www.theaa.com/images/allabout...ger_detail.jpg
They're supposed to fold forward....flat. Grab the top of the seat back and wiggle while you pull on the handle.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
They're supposed to fold forward....flat. Grab the top of the seat back and wiggle while you pull on the handle.
Thank you. It does fold flat. I’ve taken the cover off and can see what the problem is – the lever does not move the stick far enough to release the seat (by about 5mm, so wiggling won’t help). Putting a bit of oil did not help.
Not sure what to do next. I don’t think I can take it apart by myself – there is a spring coil there and I have no tools or knowledge on how to deal with it. The nearest dealer is one hour drive from me. Does anyone know a technically minded person in Surrey close to Woking?
Also, is this a common problem with Voyagers? Any tips on what else I can do?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by alexnz
Thank you. It does fold flat. I’ve taken the cover off and can see what the problem is – the lever does not move the stick far enough to release the seat (by about 5mm, so wiggling won’t help). Putting a bit of oil did not help.
Not sure what to do next. I don’t think I can take it apart by myself – there is a spring coil there and I have no tools or knowledge on how to deal with it. The nearest dealer is one hour drive from me. Does anyone know a technically minded person in Surrey close to Woking?
Also, is this a common problem with Voyagers? Any tips on what else I can do?
You see a cable in there? I think it gets stretched. Hey give me the year model let me look into it,