General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do I customize a stow-and-go Town and Country for cargo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Question How do I customize a stow-and-go Town and Country for cargo?

I am excited about the latest generation Town and Country: it has a lot of luxury and frills, including a flat cargo floor magically made in a flash by stow-and-go exclusive technology, but can this vehicle still do serious hauling work? How do I now use that flat floor for serious cargo hauling with load safety in mind once the seats are folded under?

I want to:

1. find a partition that is compatible w/ a 2005-newer T&C minivan with stow-and-go seats: who sells one? (It will not matter to me if the stowed seats are not usable with the partition installed.) I have seen some companies online only offer such partitions for short-wheelbase models or those lacking stow-and-go seats. Is this something that might have to be custom fabricated from a truck upfitter?

2. how do I secure a heavy load, such as a large dog crate, inside one of these vehicles so it does not shift while vehicle is under way? I have the dog's safety as well as front-row passenger safety in mind.

3. how do I protect the T and C interior from damage and soiling from loads?

4. who is the best source for accessories especially for a stow-and-go/extended wheelbase Town and Country minivan with respect to making the vehicle highly practical for cargo use?

I believe stow-and-go was offered on 2005-newer town-and-country w/ extended wheelbase.

5. Is the Chrysler Town and Country w/ stow-and-go right for me since I want to mainly use the vehicle for hauling dogs in a large dog crate along with beach equipment?