Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Remote Key Aftermarket Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Default Remote Key Aftermarket Kit

Hi All

Ive purchased an aftermarket remote kit for my 2003 voyager and ive set it up the way it should be set up according to the cars and kit wiring diagram lock to lock and unlock to unlock wires so its working i can hear the kits brain working ok from the fob but still no remote central locking even with the new kit ive spent 2 days on this trying to work it out now there are 3 ways to set this up one is for negative trigger which i understand is what the voyager uses and it the way i set it up but i could be wrong,... then there,s positive trigger then there,s positive negative trigger the central locking on the car at the moment only works from the switch on the drivers or passenger doors but nothing else

Any ideas or am i wiring it wrong as the cars original remote set up refuses to work so i brought the aftermarket kit just to have remote central locking

Pete...

Old 06-14-2014, 01:20 PM

My main question here is does any body know if my voyager has negative trigger central locking or positive trigger

Old 06-14-2014, 02:58 PM
tfb

sorry Pete, I meant to go through the circuit diagrams for you, but it slipped my mind. I'll try and have a look tomorrow

Regards
Richard

Old 06-14-2014, 04:09 PM

ok cheers richard looking forward to your reply

Old 06-15-2014, 08:41 AM

From what i read on the net its negative trigger central locking is this right

Anyone ???

Old 06-15-2014, 10:33 AM
tfb

Ok, I would suggest that it would be easier to let the BCM control the latchting/unlatching and locking/unlocking of the doors

Use the after market kit to drive the inputs to the BCM. For the sliding doors you'll have have to link into the pillar switches, although these are monitored by the use of resistors see https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6...it?usp=sharing

or the switches on the over head console, https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B...TdfQldWeUZXZ0k which again are monitored.

for the overall locking and unlocking there is the switch on the drivers door. again it is monitored
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6...it?usp=sharing

If you decide to drive the door motors directly from the after market kit, then it requires reverse polarity pulse to lock and unlock.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B...TdfQldWeUZXZ0k

I'm not sure the old fashioned + or - triggered switch on the key barrel is fitted on these cars, I've never had occasion to pull a door apart to find out
Regards
Richard

Last edited by tfb; 06-17-2014 at 08:54 AM. Reason: links corrected
Old 06-17-2014, 03:56 AM

Hi Richard thanks for that

when you say reverse polarity do you mean positive negative trigger and no there is no switch on the key barrel only on the one on the inside of the door as i had mine apart the other day also do you connect to the switch on the door or the lock unlock wires in the drivers door my kit can be set to either negative locking/ positive locking/ or positive negative locking/ also im not sure how to wire it up to the sliding doors and let the bcm control the central locking all i want is the doors to open remotely from the fob but if it can open the sliding doors as well that's even better

Pete....

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 06-17-2014 at 04:08 AM. Reason: needed to put in a bit more information
Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 AM
tfb

I've updated the links to show the specific diagrams, my bad I'd thought I had done that in the first place.

The inputs to the BCM need to be grounded via a resistor to trigger the required function.

Regards
Richard

Old 06-18-2014, 05:58 PM

Hi there Richard

Thanks for that still cant get the remote working anyway been back it touch with the people i got the kit from and they have sent me a data sheet for my car and the connections i should make for the kit this is what they sent

ill post it here see if you can work it out for me then explain it

12V Supply (KL30) WHITE/RED - IN A 4 WAY MULTIPLUG ON THE LEFT OF PEDALS.
12V Supply (KL30)
Ignition Supply (KL15) PIN 3 IN A 5 WAY MULTIPLUG UNDER THE COVERING BEHIND STEERING WHEEL.
Ignition Supply (KL15)
Earth Connection (KL31)
Earth Connection (KL31)
Direction Indicators
Indicator Lamps 1 WHITE/GREEN PIN 1, WHITE/GREEN PIN 2. - IN A 34 WAY BLACK/GREEN MULTIPLUG IN THE CONTROL UNIT ON THE LEFT OF PEDALS. SEPARATE LINES USING DIODES.
Indicator Lamps 2 WHITE/BROWN PIN 3, WHITE/BLACK PIN 4 - IN A 34 WAY BLACK/GREEN MULTIPLUG IN THE CONTROL UNIT ON THE LEFT OF PEDALS. SEPARATE LINES USING DIODES.
Earth Contacts
Doors VIOLET/YELLOW PIN 5, VIOLET PIN 6, VIOLET/WHITE PIN 7, VIOLET/GREY PIN 8. - IN A 34 WAY BLACK/WHITE MULTIPLUG IN THE CONTROL UNIT ON THE LEFT OF PEDALS. NOTE : SPERATE LINES WITH DIODES.
Boot/Hatch VIOLET/ORANGE PIN 29 - IN A 34 WAY BLACK/WHITE MULTIPLUG IN THE CONTROL UNIT ON THE LEFT OF PEDALS.
Bonnet VIOLET/BLUE : PIN 30 IN A 34 WAY BLACK/WHITE MULTPLUG ON THE LEFT OF PEDALS.
Security Notes
Immobiliser Details
Starter Cut GREEN/ORANGE : PIN 14 IN A 34 WAY BLACK/WHITE MULTIPLUG TO THE LEFT OT PEDALS.
Ignition Cut (Petrol)
Fuel Cut (Petrol) BROWN : PIN8 IN A 20 WAY MULTIPLUG IN THE FUSE BOX AND RELAY IN ENGINE BAY ON THE DRIVERS SIDE.
Diesel Cut
Special Notes
Special Notes
General Diagrams
Photos
Remote Control
CDL Type Multipoint Negative
Lock VIOLET/ORANGE PIN 22 - IN BLACK/WHITE MULTIPLUG ON THE LEFT OF PEDALS.
Unlock USE SAME AS LOCK WIRE
Remote Control Notes NEED TO USE 2 x RESISTORS : LOCK - 1 x 560 ohm and UNLOCK 1 x 150 ohm

Ive got the resistors in now but still couldent get it working what am i doing wrong..

BTW i haven't connected the flashers up and i tried temporary connections eg live earth etc where not as stated but connected direct to the battery to the same effect just to see if it worked i did,nt go near the cars BCM i just wanted to get the central locking to fire via the remote the kits ecu is clicking ok during my tests and sending a signal to the lock unlock wires but still nothing........ also nothing is installed properly as yet in the car..... do you know what those resistors are for ?

Regards
Pete...

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 06-20-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 AM
tfb

it'll take me a while to cross reference with the diagrams, but I'll see what i can do

Regards
Richard

Quick Reply: Remote Key Aftermarket Kit