Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Key Aftermarket Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 10:58 AM
tfb

As per the circuit diagrams the resistors allow the BCM to monitor the circuit. Under normal condition the BCM sees both resistors, when the switch is operated, one of the resistors is bypassed and the BCM only sees one resistor.

This allows for a monitored cct as the BCM can see 4 possible states

no resistors (open circuit) - from a broken wire for example
both resistors - normal condition
one resistor - button pressed
no resistors (short cicruit) from damage insulation for example

Regards
Richard

Old 06-19-2014, 12:00 PM

Hi Richard

Thanks for that all i want is for the car to open and close via the remote and for the flashers to flash and that,s it and ill be happy with that can you tell me in simple laymen,s terms how to wire this up and make it work as im getting confused with it all now and nothing is working for me

kind regards
pete...

Old 06-19-2014, 02:05 PM
tfb

it makes sense what they have sent through - to a degree.

Pin 22 on C4 on the BCM is connected to the lock/unlock switch (my wiring shows it being violet/green not violet/orange.

You will need to splice the lock/unlock wire from the unti into this wire. Now the information that is lacking is about the resistors.
You would need two wires to earth, with a resistor in each one and operating the remote would connect the lock/unlock wire to one of the two grounds (one for lock and the other for unlock)

Can you post a link to the unit or it's manual?

Regards
Richard

Old 06-19-2014, 06:11 PM

hi richard

Yes ill try i got it from Ebay And the model no is BCS L02 here is the link

UNIVERSAL REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING UPGRADE KIT 2014 MODEL Easy Upgrade to Your Car | eBay

But this does not show you much there is a manual for it but i cannot find a downloadable link to it. i do have a written wiring diagram i got with it and there's 3 different ways to wire it as well ill get that out tomorrow and type it in here.. there is a 4th way but that only apply's to pneumatic locks which my car does not have

Now correct me if im wrong you say to connect the units lock unlock wires to the violet/green wire... then attach the resistors to the 2 ground wires for lock and unlock ive done it wrong then... ive attached the resistors to units lock unlock wires which are white and B/W respectively .... and ive been attaching the lock/unlock wires to the cars unlock lock wire,s in the door which as i see now is also wrong.

The unit and the wire,s are back in the box now and not attached to the car in anyway i will not install it properly till i see it working as it should

Regards
Pete......

Old 06-20-2014, 12:52 AM
tfb

take a picture of the wiring diagrams in the manual and then upload that please

Alternatively, do you want to come over to me and we'll install it together?

Regards
Richard

Last edited by tfb; 06-20-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:56 AM

hi richard

Here is the written wiring diagram they sent me with the unit

1 negative trigger

red to 12v
black to earth
white to close signal on the car
yellow to earth
white and black to open signal on the car
yellow and black to earth

2 positive trigger
red to 12v
black to earth
white to close signal
yellow to 12v
white and black to open signal on the car
yellow and black to 12v

3 positive negative trigger

red to 12v
black to earth
orange to earth
white to close the car
yellow to 12v
orange and black to earth
white and black wire to open the car
yellow and black to 12v

those are the 3 options i have

can you make anything out of this

There,s one more thing i forgot to add

Ive found out by using my test light in the drivers door there,s the tan/ grey and /tan brown locking unlocking wire,s if i attach the test light to any one of those wires and touch a live wire its a dead short BUT if i go to a negative wire so negative to negative nothing happens until i flick the lock unlock switch on the door then the test light lights momentarily operating the central locking is that the reverse polarity you mentioned earlier in this thread

Pete............

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 06-20-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 AM

Hi Richard

Here Is The Manual

There you go

Hope You Can Work Something Out from These Pictures Ive Posted Everything i Have Here

If Not ill Have To Come Over To You

And thank you for all the help you,ve given me so far on this Issue

Pete.....

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 06-20-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:27 AM
tfb

Think I've got it, I assume you're OK connecting the power and ground to the unit?

Orange wire on Pin1 is not used

White wire on pin2 is the lock signal, this connects to one side of the resistor, the other side of the resistor goes to pin 22 on C4 on the BCM

Yellow on pin3 of the unit is connected to ground

Orange/Black on pin 4 is not used

White/Black on pin 5 is the unlock signal this connects to one side of the other resistor, the other side of the resistor goes to pin 22 on C4 on the BCM

Yellow Black on Pin6 of the unit is connected to ground.

As to which resistor connects to the White and which to the Black/White, I don't know. If you get it the wrong way round it will lock when you try to unlock and unlock when you try to lock.

For the indicators to flash

Connect the white/green from the unit to two diodes. The end of the doides with the silver strip should connect to C2 pins 1 and 2 on the BCM

Connect the white/brown from the unit to two diodes. The end of the doides with the silver strip should connect to C2 pins 3 and 4 on the BCM

Schematic attached

Regards
Richard

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
entry wiring.pdf (17.7 KB, 162 views)
Old 06-20-2014, 11:01 AM

hi Richard

Thank You so much for that

The indicator wires from the unit loom have diodes built in so i don't think any problem there ill post a picture here of the loom in a bit to let you have a look,.. to make sure..... The resistors are : LOCK - 1 x 560 ohm and UNLOCK 1 x 150 ohm i already have those ill get to work on this tomorrow and did you mean C3 instead of C4 to be sure before i start connecting things up

Pete......

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 06-20-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:47 PM

Hi There Richard

Well today i tried connecting it up as you said all the live and neutral connections i did direct from the battery temporally to see if it worked and the open close wires from the unit i joined into one... then connected that to the door lock switch inside the drivers door that is the violet/light green wire that goes direct to pin 22 on C3 it and it still did,nt work.

Pin 22 on C4 goes to the indicator switch according to my circuit diagram if im right.

Im going to get in touch with the people i got the kit from on Monday and see what they say but with all the problems im having with this kit could be a faulty unit it is clicking when i use the remote and it should work ive tried everything you,ve told me and im very thank full to you but nothing works unless you can think of something

Ill still consider coming over to you to see if we can get this working if that's ok with you or even get the original Chrysler system going as i still have the Chrysler key fob and nothing in that system has been touched while ive been doing this

Regards
Pete..

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 06-21-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Remote Key Aftermarket Kit