Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Ride quality ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 05:13 AM
Default Ride quality ?

Hi all,

Have been tinkering with my 2006 Grand Voyager Limited XS and putting in a few miles recently.

So far have replaced front ABS sensors and cleaned up the tone rings, new Bridgestone tyres (can't remember size), had alloys refurbed and last night did the front swaybar bushes and linkages (rears still to do and have noticed they have rubbed the brake cable protection nearly all way through... Seperate issue)

Had thought that the swaybar bushes were cause of a "tremor" through the steering wheel at low speeds over slightly bobbly ground and did the linkages more as a preventative thing at the same for no other reason as they weren't expensive and thought it worth doing. Ride now seems tighter and not getting that tremor feedback through the steering wheel, but ride just doesn't feel as "plush" as other GVs I've had. This one has low mileage and I'm not sure what next to look at.

Thinking maybe lower rear control arm bushes ??? Didn't really want to get into replacing shocks and there's no knocking/rattling noises when going over big bumps...

Any other suggestions... ??

Everything on suspension seems tight when under load

Old 03-12-2015, 10:06 AM

Tremor on driving I take it, well sway bar bushes give a sort of light knock as do links. Sounds more like wheel balance issue. Try changing over wheels back to front and see what happens.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:40 PM

Changing wheels front <> rear is a good idea.
I had an awful tremor on my MB.. balancing wheels solved 50% but I almost got rid of it after switching wheels back to front and vice versa.
The problem was completely solved after I changed tires to very good Michelins